Extreme Turbulence

Have you ever experienced extreme turbulence on IF, how bad was it?

2 Likes

My worst experience probably was 140kts during a hurricane. The rest of the winds and clouds were still going North from Florida and my flight was diverted to KORF

Scary stuff lol

Yes. It can get pretty bad, just like in the real world. I don’t actually know to what degree real world turbulence weather info makes it to IF
Yesterday around the KLAS airports there appeared to be turbulence and it made landings hard. I had quite a few go-arounds.

I never get air sickness in IF though, that’s the cool part.

2 Likes

Once had 999kts in an XCub, but we don’t talk about that…

4 Likes

Flying over the Atlantic with 200+ mph tailwinds. ORD - FRA in a 748 and got there in 6 hours.

…? I’m sorry but WHAT!!!

1 Like

Was this on solo 😂

No, it was live. I don’t think you can actually turn the winds up that high I solo.

Fam I don’t even know what to tell you but I hope you made it

1 Like

I didn’t |:-(

😢 sad face :(

Was it a glitch? Pretty sure it is lol.

1 Like

I think you can turn up turbulence to be pretty intense regardless of wind speed

Yeah, it was a weather glitch but wind nonetheless 😂

1 Like

I cannot recall a spicific experience but, I have flown in 100+ knot winds before in a light A320

The burmuda triangle is quite bad

Well, worst time was a little something like this:
Flying an ERJ190 into AMS on the Expert server. I’m pretty sure it was the hub airport for that day so it was busy. 1/4 mile visibility, 35KT crosswinds at the GROUND. At about 3000AGL winds were up to 50 KTS. Super heavy turbulence. Had 3 go around before I finally put it down. That airport was a mess that day

1 Like

It coulda been the jet stream… if you were right around 36000 feet on a bad day I’d believe you!

50knt max on solo

1 Like

No it’s 98kts, you can do gusts up to 48kts.