Extreme-Range ILS

Yesterday, I was fling in Australia region, about 10nm below YSCB in my Caravan. On my HUD, for some reason the plane had picked up ILS 07 at YSSY, which was 134nm away.

Did you manage to go thru approach checklist? Was there enough time?

3 Likes

Was YSSY your destination?
It shows glide slopes for all runways at destination airport.

This is not a bug 😊

In the IF world this might not be a bug but for us realists it’s definetly a bug

3 Likes

But, @Brandon_Sandstrom, the bugs category can only be used for bugs in Infinite Flight.

1 Like

I know I’m just saying it really should be considered a bug :)

1 Like

I use the “extreme range ILS” to tell how far I am from my destination. I can get an extra widget to put in my bar instead.

2 Likes

Yep, plus don’t need to work on descend calculation anymore. Not realistic but love it ;)

What do you mean when I tried it out I was 100NM away from my approach at FL200 and it was pegged down the entire time.

Yes but if you are in 20/30 nm mile or going downwind from far away the diamond peak thru on the top. Or choose other side of runway just to see how high you are relative to the airport. (Still you gotta watch out terrain while on the way)

In my opinion it should be considered a bug. This is a simulator, so keeping it real is important in my opinion. There are ways to do this using the status bar or the flight plan.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes