Extreme lag on Android device

Hello, I just got the Global update on my Android device. When I downloaded it, I was met with extreme lag. I tried to spawn into a gate at the airport I selected (KSFO) but when I tried to move the map it would move very slowly and would not let me select a gate. Finally I was able to select a gate. When I spawned and moved the camera I still had that lag. I thought it was lagging because of the graphics, so I decided to change it to a lower quality. When I went into settings, it just showed me a blank page with the tabs.

I’m hoping it’s a server issue or an optimization issue.

Device specifications:
LG Stylo 2 plus
Android firmware 7.0
2gb of ram
Open gl 3.2

3 Likes

This has been happening to me on my iPad Air 2. The HUD/menu wouldn’t show up at all after multiple times of tapping, while the game wasn’t frozen. All you can do is put the settings on minimum, airplane count on low, maybe turn battery optimization off and hope for the best. In a few days there should be a lot less lag when the servers have less of a load.

Also the Android version might be a bit buggy since it has just been released, I have also been experiencing some bugs in the iOS version.

2 Likes

the update just now got release and this is the first issue. Lol and i’m here still waiting on the update XD

2 Likes

Has your device gotten better?

In what way? The lag I am having seems to be getting worse, but it only happens periodically. The game seems to be running very smoothly but all of a sudden it crashes completely.

So on your device, it runs smoothly then all of a sudden it slows down?

Yeah, pretty much. I also experience some lags on the tarmac of an airport when there is a little bit of traffic around. Somewhat different to your issue.

1 Like

Same with me, Ed. Seems to be an issue with IF on the air 2? I have read a lot of users, specifically with the air 2, complaining about lag.

1 Like

I’m one of them. I did a flight on my Air 2 and was only getting 10 FPS with the battery optimization off, but I should’ve been getting at least 40.

3 Likes

Yep, same. Sometimes my iPad Air 2 will lag out for a few seconds randomly.

1 Like

It’s actually not an fps issue for me, that seems fine. There are just short period where my device freezes for a minute or so, or I get lag for a minute. It’s not consistent.

Does it happen multiple time or just once?

Multiple times. Actually, I’ve been doing a 5 hour flight from Rejavick to NY and have had no issues so far. What I did was I freed up over a gigabyte, closed all of my apps, and restarted my ipad completely before starting (and I haven’t had any lag so far). IF has been the only app running.

1 Like

Best practices are to clear all apps, and refresh the ram prior to flight. Periodic lag is common but shouldn’t persist for long. This is exadurated in high traffic areas.

1 Like

That happens to me too.

1 Like

I have cleared all open apps on my Air 2 and done a full restart, but the RAM is always at least 75% full. I have made sure only one or two apps are allowed to refresh in the background. Although FDS has done a great job with the optimisation of global, randomly my iPad glitches out for about 30 seconds. This might just be a bug with the Air 2, or maybe it’s getting a little old (although IF ran without a single hitch in the last version)?

1 Like

It’s not necessarily always the device either WiFi hiccups occur as well. A minor hiccup for about that long can be expected as internet speed slows the device slows and so forth. For iOS if you hit the button as if you are going to turn the device off then hold the home button this clears the RAM.

The update is in development, it is happening on my iPhone 6. Airports with a lot of aircraft (like KJFK) it is so laggy, you can barely fly.

Decreasing airplane count helps in these situations also.

Yes, I have done that RAM-clearing process. I don’t think it’s my WiFi because IF shows the green “tick” in the corner and only goes red when the weather is updating. I can also see other aircraft moving when this glitch occurs since the app only partially freezes.

1 Like