I think that combining Southern California and San Francisco would be too much for our current devices to process, so our best bet (for now), is to have the current/(possible) new regions with a SoCal size.
The green border shows how much should the region be extended:
There are several airports in the extended region, some which aren´t included in the original region:
- Palo Alto Airport: one asphalt runway, 13/31, 2443ft/745m (extension).
- Charles M. Schulz–Sonoma County Airport: two asphalt runways, 02/20 and 14/32, 5202ft/1586m and 6000ft/1829m respectively.
- Lincoln Regional Airport: one asphalt runway, 15/33, 6001ft/1829m.
- Napa County Airport: two concrete and one asphalt runways, 06/24, 18R/36L and 18L736R, 5007ft/1526m, 5930ft/1807m and 2510ft/765m respectively.
- Marin County Airport: one asphalt runway and one asphalt helipad, 13/31 and H1, 3300ft/1006m and 60ft/18m respectively.
- Sacramento Executive Airport: three asphalt runways, 02/20, 12/30 and 16/34, 5503ft/1677m, 3837ft/1170m and 3505ft/1068m respectively.
- Sacramento Mather Airport: one asphalt/concrete runway, one asphalt runway, and two helipads, 4R/22L, 4L/22R, H1 and H2, 11301ft/3445m, 6038ft/1840m, 30ft/9m and 100ft/30m respectively.
- Cloverdale Municipal Airport: one asphalt runway, 14/32, 3155ft/962m.
- Yolo County Airport: one asphalt runway, 16/34, 6000ft/1829m.
- University Airport: one asphalt runway, 17/35, 3176ft/968m.
- Franklin Field: two asphalt runways, 18/36 and 09/27, 3240ft/988m and 3100ft/945m
- Sacramento International Airport, one asphalt runway and one concrete runway, 16L/34R and 16R/34L, 8605ft/2623m and 8598ft/2621m.
Not included in the actual region:
- Modesto City–County Airport: two asphalt runways, 10L/28R and 10R/28L, 5904ft/1800m and 3464ft/1056m respectively.
- Byron Airport: two asphalt runways, 12/30 and 05/23, 4500ft/1372m and 3000ft/914m respectively.
- Buchanan Field Airport: two asphalt/concrete runways and two asphalt runways, 1L/19R, 1R/19L, 14L/32R and 14R/32L, 5001ft/1524m, 2770ft/844m, 4602ft/1403m and 2799ft/853m respectively.
- Half Moon Bay Airport: one asphalt/concrete runway, 12/30, 5000ft/1524m.
- Hayward Executive Airport: two asphalt runways and one asphalt helipad, 10R/28L, 10L/28R and H1, 5694ft/1736m, 3107ft/947m and 110ft/34m respectively.
- Livermore Municipal Airport: two asphalt runways, 7L/25R and 7R/25L, 5253ft/1601m and 2699ft/823m respectively.
- San Carlos Airport: one asphalt runway, 12/30, 2600ft/792m.
- NASA Crows Landing Airport: Closed permanently.
What do you think about it? Please comment and give feedback for further ideas.