ExpressJet Callsign

Shouldn’t the ExpressJet callsign be Acey rather than AC. Makes a difference with how it’s pronounced by ATC, Acey vs Alpha Charlie.

5 Likes

I agree, it should be fixed along with other callsigns like UPS and KLM.

11 Likes

Yea it really makes me mad hearing “Uniform Papa Sierra”. So annoying lol.

3 Likes

Technically, we don’t currently have a livery in IF that should operate under that callsign…

1 Like

@Rock77, I believe this callsign, “Expressjet” is for Private jets.

1 Like

Delta Connection ERJ-170 could operate under ExpressJet, though technically speaking it would be a CRJ200, 700, or 900.

2 Likes

I believe your thinking of NetJets which flies under the callsign ExecJet

3 Likes

Thats true. In real life, United Express aircraft also use the callsign AC---- as I’ve heard on the radio.

1 Like

Yeah United Express and American Eagle use ASQ well.

1 Like

Ah. As we get more regional aircraft this callsign will add realism for sure.

1 Like

I was gonna say the same, I hate how that sounds. Whe IF Live came out, the Unicom said the callsign like a whole word or like letters, not like now Alpha Bravo Delta etc…

2 Likes

Yes thank you, got the 2 confused.

1 Like

Also it seems like with the last update (or the one before) the pronunciation has gone way down hill.

For example when requesting pushback I get p-ush-back ( instead of the actual pronunciation that’s ˈpo͝oSHˌbak. It’s gotten really annoying to always hear p-ush-back approved.

1 Like

I agreed, ATC needs a lot of rework, starting with the robotic automated voice. We need real voice recording ATC. I really miss when there was random ATC conversation on solo mode :( .

1 Like

The robotic voice used to be descent for, wells robotic voice, buts just gone down hil recently. I don’t know if it’s the same for Android users or not. I definitely agree with you there I loved hearing the ATC records in solo mode. I always remember something around the lines of “Redwood 13, Traffic 12 o’clock, 9 miles northbound.”

2 Likes

(If you look at my post below, I included some of the regional carrier callsigns for Delta Connection and United Express. For example, Republic Airways operate the United E-170, but the callsign isn’t the game. This callsign would be an example of what should be used when flying the United Express 170.)

What I mainly wanted to say is yes, United Express and Delta Connection can operate under AC XXX, but for now that callsign shouldn’t be used. The CRJs and EJets that operate under ExpressJet aren’t currently in IF (The EJets are 145s, IF has E170s)…

But it is already available for use in IF even though the aircraft they fly isn’t, and I still think the callsign should be available.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.