Explicit fighter max speeds under ATC

Again, no rule for it in real world, no need to have a rule in IF.
Why shouldn’t you go supersonic in a area that is for supersonic training in real world.
Take it vice versa, we need to enforce special use airspace. It is pretty annoying when you have to stop your BFM cause some stupid commercial or GA pilot didn’t respect your training area airspace.

There are several training areas over land where fighters go low level at high speeds in real world.

1 Like

Add max I would say, introduce a request to fly supersonic.

So that would be a feature request 😉

Yeah, I don’t find it that important, but if people find it so important I would do that

That would be a feature request where I would go requesting a negative vote. It is about limiting others with no reason then selfish ones. It is against realism.

2 Likes

Hello! Yes, we totally agree this is needed, or something like it. Tyler and I had a meeting about this recently, and we would love to bring something in the near future that can address this! It my be a little more complex than just written limits on the IFC as we would ideally have something in app too, and that is where the complexity lies.

5 Likes

That sounds like my change to DCS then …

3 Likes

That’s incorrect
Many air forces allow supersoniques flight to their pilots. Taking the example of Australian exercises where pilots cross the mach one regularly above inhabited areas.

5 Likes

I mean, it’s only bad for the ones who like using fighter jets… there are already aerobatic violations and they are really restrictive and then we receive another speed limit even more restrictive? We are not flying commercial airliners or GA, they are called fighter jets for a reason, if these thing happens in an active airspace the controller can report.

2 Likes

There are plenty of situations where military aircraft will exceed 300kts IAS below 10000ft. You watch any low level flying video and they are talking about speeds of 420-450kts in a fighter aircraft in uncontrolled airspace (not supersonic).

I do not speak for those that believe it is ok to fly to a Civilian Hub airport in an F22 and disregard speed restrictions; which is where the IFATC guidelines will come into effect and will be applied on the judgement of the controller at the time.

Placing mandated speed restrictions on fighter aircraft “Because a citation can’t go that fast” will alienate those that enjoy the Fighter Jets and, as @Major-Tom has already said, push them away from this simulator.

7 Likes

There is an effort to research speeds and see what warnings can be done in app. The bottom line is that being in a controlled environment is not a place for excessive speed. There are open places or over water if you wish. Taking off and going full throttle in an airspace with other planes gives the controller very little time to address any spacing concerns. Yes it may happen in real life but real life may not have the volume and patterns IF does.

2 Likes

Limiting the speed on a fighter jet is the same as limiting the speed on a racing car etc, i don’t think majority of the people requesting the speed changes understand that fighter jets have to train to travel at high speeds at low altitudes. If you live in the UK the Mach Loop is a prime example of 500kts at 250ft. People like to do airshows that will require around 600kts. Limiting the speed will also mess up IFAEGAF which flies the fighters according to real life especially if they need to go M.1 and you guys will be restricting that… Sorry but if you do restrict this I will be moving to either DCS or something that can value its money instead of paying up to near £80 on a mobile game each year.

9 Likes

If people wish to troll then they should add a system on the ATC for reporting it or use common sense and move to casual server it isn’t that hard at all👍🏻

2 Likes

You can do airshows all you want. But they don’t exactly put on airshows at KLAX to mix it in with others who are inbound. There is a time and place for it.The mach loop (that everyone references) is fine.

ATC does have a system to report trolls.

1 Like

You can’t do airshows on training, there are limitations… Casual on the other hand you can pretty much do what you want I think everyone has enough common sense to not violate these rules on training or expert I’ve never seen anyone attempt to do a airshow on training or expert that’s where your missing the point

The fact there is a massive air force IFAEGAF and we use fighters doesn’t mean we go bonkers and go well over M.1 to get to locations everyone should have common sense to be able to fly a fighter… Majority of people don’t even use the fighters anyways as they are so underdeveloped by IF staff, they make so much money on subscription I chip in £80 I’d love to see where this all goes as surely not all of it goes towards servers etc.

1 Like

It all comes down to are you impacting others with your speed. If you are buzzing around like a bee ATC can’t control you and others can’t navigate around you.

Fighters are specifically designed to be fast. A bit simple yes but restricting them will defeat their purpose. As many people said there are many situations where aircraft could be in a low level sortie e.g Mach loop and be going 300 400 knots. It would ruin the military experience of IF which is already pretty dire.

2 Likes

It’s the pilots responsibility to decide to fly realisticly or not in fighters. No point ruining the fighter jet experience cause of a few trolls.

3 Likes

If your transiting above a certain altitude ATC doesn’t even have to worry about you… Say your at FL300 transiting OTT Heathrow or something. ATC isn’t gunna really throw a hissy fit, on expert server people will have more common sense but the fact people are only seeing it as a troll POV is kind of disappointing for the people who actually use the fighters to the best of their abilities using AP, that’s what it’s designed for using AP to limit the aircraft speed without putting a cap on it no? Or is there for the bants and laughs?

2 Likes

It is not about controlled airspace’s like approach or tower, every serious pilot should be fit his speeds and movements to avoid conflicts with other traffic .

The thread opener wants to restrict Jets in any airspace below FL340 to the limits that commercial planes have, regardless where ever they are, regardless if controlled or uncontrolled airspace, regardless of traffic density. That’s just stupid.
Misha posted that they seriously consider this. That will be the end of Infinity flight military aviation, it would make all military livery’s and airframes obsolete. If it is this what they want, they should go ahead.

9 Likes