Explain this please

So, my fault, but I forgot to fuel properly on a flight from PHL to MDW causing me to be in a dire emergency to land. I wanted to make it clear to ATC that I have minimum fuel and MAYDAY, however there was no emergency call out button.

It clearly shows I have 1% fuel left and no emergency button. Luckily I landing safely. I just want to know why there was no button available

1 Like

I think it is because was a shorter flight (21 mins) than the minimum flight time needed in order to get the emergency button (I think it is 1 hour). It is put in place to prevent people from spawning with 1% fuel and declaring emergencies.

If the flight is less than 1 hour, it does not show up.

Correct me if I am wrong though :)

6 Likes

Oh… okay thanks

I’m sure you’re right, I just needed to make a quick return lol

1 Like

Np! Unsure about the minimum time (I think 1 hour) but thats the general gist of it :)

1 Like

No problem! Have a nice day and feel free to DM me for any questions you may have :)

1 Like

I don’t think there even is an emergency button. If there was, people would probably use it to their advantage since declaring an emergency gives you the right of way to everything. It’s like being Air Force One

1 Like

There is for when you have low fuel, but it was explained by @Robertine that it can only be declared by a 1+ hour flight

1 Like

Interesting. I haven’t been on Infinite Flight for over a year so I haven’t been up to date on the small things in Infinite Flight.

Yes, there is an emergency button that pops up when certain flight criteria are met. The criteria is there because people were either spamming the button or intentionally creating a situation where they could use the button and so parameters were put in place making it to where the button won’t even pop up unless said parameters are met.

1 Like

Reason for mine: not fueling properly

1 Like

It happens. Haha, I accidentally took off for Australia from LA without checking my fuel. Didn’t even make it to Hawaii! 😂😂

1 Like

I was thinking I could divert, but the closest airport was wayyy too short lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.