Expert Server

Hey Everyone,
I just gained access to the expert server and am a bit intimidated by all the rules and violations. Can someone just tell me all the basics and what I need to avoid the violations?
Safe flights

2 Likes

Some of the basic ones are not going 260KTs under 10,000 and taxing below 35KTs

2 Likes

Follow everything ATC says so you canโ€™t get reported.

6 Likes

First of all: congrats! Basically itโ€™s pretty simple. Learn at smaller airports first. Taxiing, departure, flying patterns an listening to ATC at all costs. And you will definitely enjoy it :). Best of luck!

1 Like

Just relax follow atc instructions and dont exceed the speed limits and you will not get any violations u got this man!

1 Like

Oh and remeber listen to ATIS! ๐Ÿ™‚

๐‘ท๐’๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’† ๐‘ช๐’‰๐’†๐’„๐’Œ ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ผ๐’”๐’†๐’“๐‘ฎ๐’–๐’Š๐’…๐’† ๐‘ญ๐’“๐’๐’Ž ๐‘บ๐’„๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’ ๐’•๐’ ๐’‰๐’†๐’๐’‘ ๐’–๐’”๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐‘จ๐‘ป๐‘ช ๐‘ฐ๐’๐’”๐’•๐’“๐’–๐’„๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’๐’”

๐‘จ๐’๐’… ๐‘ญ๐’๐’๐’๐’๐’˜ ๐‘จ๐’๐’ ๐‘จ๐‘ป๐‘ชโ€™๐’” ๐‘ฐ๐’๐’•๐’“๐’–๐’„๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’๐’” ! ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’‚๐’•โ€™๐’” ๐‘จ๐’๐’ !!!

6 Likes

Congrats on the expert server. Iโ€™ll give you a rundown of the things you should follow.
1: If you are on Expert Server and you are being guided by ATC, do everything they say, donโ€™t argue back, they will get you to your destination safely, they are trained pros on the IFC and know what they are doing.
2: When flying DO NOT go above the red line when it shows it on your speed indicator. If you donโ€™t know what I mean then go to Casual or a Solo flight and fly to the speed 350. Youโ€™ll see it then.
3: When under 10,000ft do not exceed 260kts. If you do then slow down immediately, violations will come quickly.
4: When on the ground do not exceed 35kts.
5: Last but not least, donโ€™t cause trouble, I see it to much but people do troll even on the Expert Server. To be a good example pls act realistic and professional, itโ€™s called Expert Server for a reason.

Those are the basics, happy flying!

2 Likes

thanks a lot man ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

1 Like

thanks everyone safe flights ๐Ÿ›ซ๐Ÿ›ฌ

2 Likes

On the expert server, lots of stuff is taken seriously, which is why you need to know the basics of approaches and your airplane. I do recommend checking the legacy tutorial playlist Infinite Flight has on YouTube.

1 Like

Welcome to the expert server! If you follow the rules it should be a great time! Just to add on to what the others have mentioned, here is a good post to read through. Itโ€™s a bit older but still has some great information, especially from the ATC side!

See you in the skies!

2 Likes

Do exactly and I mean EXACTLY what ATC tells you to do. Ignore your flight plan and follow each and everyone of their instructions in a timely manner. Be VERY aware of your surroundings on ground.

ATC know everything about every airport, so no matter where your flying, if atc is active, they will 100% know about everything.

1 Like

A lot of people in this thread make it seem like expert is incredibly hard to fly in without getting violations.

Honestly, expert is almost no different from training server. The only difference being that all ATC is IFATC and people are slightly more experienced at flying. You would have to be trying hard or being a complete troll to get violations or get reported. I havenโ€™t gotten a violation or get reported on expert server since 2017. As long as you make sure to monitor your speed while flying, listen to all ATC instructions, not fly like a maniac, and not purposely troll other pilots, you will be fine. When there is no ATC at an airport, itโ€™s up to you to make sure that you are not interfering with other pilots or committing any violations. If you are unsure of your flying skills, I would recommend checking some tutorials.

4 Likes

Why do pilots speak so highly of us IFATC, anybody can become one, you just have to put in that work ๐Ÿ˜…

1 Like

Expert is just training+ATC. If you donโ€™t get automatic violations on training, you wonโ€™t get them on expert. Other than that, listen to ATC, donโ€™t do stupid things like taxiing through grass, buildings or other planes, and be aware of aircraft close to you during climb/descent and you should be fine.

Should also note that local flights are not allowed at FNF (not sure whatโ€™s the rule with regular airports now with global ATC). Basically donโ€™t fly in from somewhere too close such that you mess up the arrival pattern of the airport.

Just do what the ATC instructs you.

But ATC can make mistakes too. Itโ€™s important to recognize each side has a duty to the other. Itโ€™s reciprocal and not a tyranny. Itโ€™s important that you donโ€™t feel subordinated, irrespective of what any one person may lead you to believe. You can certainly challenge violations received in error. But at the same time there is no sin you making an honest error. Honest errors are the source of learning! (I think it was IBM, used to give an award for best failure of the year to encourage productive risk takingโ€ฆSpaceX development comes to mindโ€ฆ)

3 Likes