Expert Server?

Go to what training?

1 Like

Hey! Great to see you want to participate in the fun. The topic below goes over some great things to get you started with expert server. There are also many wonderful tutorials you can utilize by going to the #tutorials section which has some content that can help you communicate with ATC.

7 Likes

Training server.

1 Like

Just don’t be arrogant and think you are the only pilot! and remember ATC can end you! All jokes aside as long as you follow all the Rules’s and respect other pilots you will be fine!
Good Luck and Happy Flying 👍
Cign

2 Likes

cool thanks

1 Like

View all tutorials and avoid hubs for now which are RJAA. IFATC at busy airports have lesser tolerence for mistakes as it is busy. You can fly to the lesser traffic hubs today and IFATC will be less likely to ghost for genuine mistakes.

1 Like

Basically follow all ATC instructions, regardless if you think they may be wrong. I am sure you are familiar with the speed violations you can receive, if not here is a helpful image to help you out.

2 Likes

Before you jump in there make sure you understand all the possible ATC instructions and to respect at all times other pilots. With that you’re good to go, enjoy !

1 Like

Is there ATC at every controlled airport. Are they real people or a computor.

ATC isn’t at every airport, they follow the IFATC planning which is pinned at the home of the community. They are indeed real people ;)

1 Like

Take a look at the schedule: ATC Schedule • 25-31 May 2020
Here you can see the selected airports of each day where IFATC could open. It depends on IFATC how many airports will be staffed. There is no automatic ATC or so

So… what about the airports without atc

You can use unicom there! Here is an old tutorial for that:

It’s a bit old, but still works the same.
2 Likes

So, I have one more question. Is the atc like real people talking to you, is it words that are typed by the controllers that appear on your screen? Do you have to talk back in a certain way? Sorry for all my questions, but I just need to know.

1 Like

There are pre-generated responses that you the option to tap. They change depending on what ATC has said to you. (They also have pre-generated commands)

1 Like

I would do a few flights on training server first, considering your level. That way you can have a chance to get familiar with some ATC commands and how they work.

This video is quite old, but it goes over the basics of using ATC very briefly. You can study the #tutorials category, and do a few flights on training server to start of slow before moving onto expert server.
1 Like

How do I know what Friday is. It doesn’t show Friday

yeah you should look at the Unicom tutorials that Olivier sent to you, if you have any questions feel free to PM me I would be glad to help

1 Like

friday is on the other post, called FNF (Friday Night Flight), where you have the theme and the area of the event

Today’s FNF

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.