Thank you! I’ll keep all this in mind for future info!
Had that problem multiple times today on training server, (I usually am KLAX tower ATC) It was a very crowded frequency and a very big pileup bc the tower before me quit. I was realistically bring in landings and sending off departures as soon as the runway was clear. But some people decided to stay on ground frequency, and phase thru the line and takeoff without permission. About 5+ min later I cleared this line up and was waiting for the next crowd.
Not to mention that I got 2 people calling me every 1 person I finish with
That’s Training Server for ya.
Luckily though it rarely happens in Expert. I’m sure you’ll be there in no time 👍
You had some good advice above. To prepare I do recommend to view the pilot tutorials on YouTube. If you go to the #tutorials section, you’ll find them.
If you’ve done a lot of flying on Training server and you want to check if you may have developed some ‘bad habits’, then I suggest you look here.
Remember IFATC don’t have a mission to ghost you. So don’t just quit when you get a “please follow instructions”.
If you get told to “please check tutorials on the forum”, you can first check this reference.
See you in the expert skies.
Thank you very much, I’ll look back into all of these for references in the Expert Flights!!!
Trust me: just the fact you joined the community on this forum and asked the right questions before you start flying on Expert server, makes you a winner in my book! 😊🌷
That’s the first thing that came to my mind. I am afraid to embarrass myself or do the wrong things on IF… especially when I make it to Expert… so I thought asking the community would help clarify my questions, and I have gotten tons of help from the community!!! Best decision!!!
You know something i had the same worries when i was about to join expert server. I created a topic on the forum and got all this wonderful advice from all the regulars of the community.
They assured me that there is no need to worry and in my book you are a winner as well. As as a result of that i am a better pilot today.
NOTE!! If your flying to an airport with IFATC Make sure you’re tuned to the Approach before arrival and follow instructions, otherwise you’ll be ghosted ( Landing and Tunning the Tower without the permission from the approach will result in you being ghosted ) Have a wonderful day =) the moment you experience how amazing IF EXPERT Pilots and events , FNF, IFATC Schedule, believe me you won’t be going back to training server unless your grade is demoted ;)
Glad to see someone interested in finding out what to do instead of just jumping on and complaining about getting ghosted. Basically, the main stuff is all above, listen to instructions, check #tutorials, etc, but here’s a few things from me:
- Common sense: Just try to think about why you were told something, and follow the instruction in the most expeditious and least intrusive way
- Situational awareness: Look at the map. Analyze what’s going on around you. Example: there’s no need to check in with approach every five minutes to make sure I haven’t forgotten you, especially when there’s an aircraft 7nm in front and behind you, both at the same heading and flight level. Observe the situation. Look at the pattern approach is using. When there’s no approach and tower sequences you, make sure you find the aircraft you’re following. If you’re sent to Go Around because there’s a plane on the runway, don’t rage quit.
- If you’re told to check help pages then take a screenshot of the ATC log and try to find what you did wrong in #tutorials. If you aren’t sure, PM the screenshot to the controller and ask them to explain.
- When flying into controlled airspace, pick up the ATIS before you contact the first frequency
- Most importantly: Have fun!
Thanks very much!!!
I am good at realism. It would be nice to have some go around a instead of 3 airplanes combining into one!! Cheers!!!
I will add to what others have said. Some pilots do not like being escorted… Some find it very annoying when it is not planned ahead of time.
Just a quickie, should I check in to approach or wait for them to tell me to tune in to their frequency? Thanks
Check in, then request approach/vectors. If it’s busy, don’t wait for them to answer “Roger” or “radar contact.”
To add on to everything else, don’t make IFATC babysit you. If we tell you to taxi to a runway not close to you, taxi to it. If we sequence you 8th in line for landing, don’t cut the line. We shouldn’t have to guide you along like it’s your first time flying on multiplayer.
But hey, don’t be afraid! Ghosting is only for people who interfere with others and completely ignore the rules. If you mess up on something small, you’re fine :)
Will keep that in mind, thanks!
I’m gonna be nervous… I got 0 reports and violations. I wanna keep it that way