expert server unicom usage

Hey there, I thought expert server was for serious users. had a close call with @HU9276 at LAX when I was on short final and he taxied into position in front of me. They didn’t announce anything, so I announced go around, and then they took off right under me. I made the left turn to start my crosswind and got out of the way, but man that’s not expert use…

2 Likes

I think don’t take my word on this, but if you click on the person there should be a “Report” button just under all of their FPL information. Obviously this was posted after the event, but it’s good to know for the future.

3 Likes

That button is nonfunctional now.

6 Likes

Ah, right. Yeah as I said don’t take my word on it. Shame that it doesn’t work.

2 Likes

I did use that report button, but not sure what happens with that. I was hoping to post to just bring up the issue and awareness by users of the expert server to remember that we are on that server for a reason.

3 Likes

Noting happens with the report button I’m afraid.

2 Likes

Expert server has gone down last year or so. As the server gets more pilots they don’t really understand it seems like to use UNICOM. I HIGHLY recommend always using it even with no other aircraft around (It’s good practice)

4 Likes

In life and in the sim some people just suck and you can’t do anything about it sadly.

3 Likes

Sigh.

This is what happens every day on the expert server. Sadly that’s the reality. Still remember when expert used to be a place “reserved for serious users only”.

1 Like

the user that did this to me was Hainan-9276 they show grade 3 with 173 online flights 82 landings and 10 violations… You would think they know better.

1 Like