Expert server taxi

Hello guys and happy new year! So when taxiing in low visibility, is the use of taxi light any different compared to when it’s good visibility? I see people use landing land lights and some people only strobe lights. what is the procedure in real life aviation?

1 Like

Happy new Years! Neither of those are used in low vis taxi. Landing lights are specifically for takeoff → 10k MSL and 10k MSL → off runway. Typically in addition to the taxi lights, pilots use geo-referenced taxi charts on their MFDs. Im not an IFR certified pilot by any means, but typically with ATC, taxiway lights, position markings, and taxi lights, not much more is needed, even in low Vis

1 Like

Thanks for clearing up! Seems like we need to clear it up to more people because i see people all the time with landing and strobe lights when taxiing. Actually on the loading screen it says «only use landing lights and strobe lights when entering an runway.»

1 Like

people use ldg light in IF because there isn’t taxi light in the game and it’s like a similar thing, strobe light is NOT used for taxi (maybe some pilotes in IF use to be seen in low vis). BUT irl ldg and strobe light aren’t used while taxiing. If u re confuse check some aircraft check-list in google or in the ground school cat. Hope I answered to ur question

1 Like

U sure did! Appreciate it.

1 Like

In the light aircraft I fly we have the landing lights in taxi/recog mode when taxing at night or crossing an active runway. Lights go to landing mode for takeoff and departure then back to taxi/recog mode in cruise before going back to landing mode for arrival and landing. But in infinite flight there is no separation, same as the last aircraft I flew, in that case we used landing lights during taxi regularly at night. But also worth mentioning landing lights do essentially nothing in infinite flight, so kind of a moot point.

We only use strobes when in flight or on an active runway (ie crossing).

1 Like

Well explained! Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.