Expert Server Requirments

Hello Pilots,

We all noticed since the last Update a lot People flying around with Unknown Name.
Its not possible to contact them in the IFC when they troll… taxi trough you … or queue jumping during the approach

In my opinion, the staff should add a requirment that you only have Acces to the Expert Server, if you have a valid IFC Account. To insure transparency

Players on Expert Sever are supposed to be liable with account name.

16 Likes

Adding IFC won’t assist much, if anything 20.2 helped on this matter.

If they keep trolling then the controllers or Mods will get to them soon enough. If not, if they keep trolling around you and you’ve got good evidence of persistent trolling, log their callsign and identifier and send it over to us.

If expert required an IFC linked account then I’m almost certain that traffic would drop significantly.

12 Likes

I actually wholly agree with this - a feature request should be made rather than a general topic so the community can vote for this :)

3 Likes

@Stellar_G can you move this in to Feature Request ? @Luu cant do it him self.

3 Likes

Regulars and Moderators cannot move topics posted by a user that is not at the required trust level to post in that specific category (you need to be trust level 2 to post in #features). In addition, like said above, if the ES required pilots to have a IFC account, traffic (on the ES) would drop significantly, so I don’t see this happening anytime soon.

2 Likes

Ah okay didn’t know that it cant be moved with the wrong trust level. learning every day something new 😅

1 Like

I agree with this - it would make communication between pilots on ES much more reliable. I really hope the devs consider this.

3 Likes

It takes a couple of clicks to make an account, and we have to keep in mind not everyone on the Expert Server is at or above the age of 13. Also keep in mind that if were to implement a mandatory IFC account rule, those underage pilots would come onto the IFC and add the immaturity that you all proclaimed “enough is enough”.

I’ve seen a bunch of users with IFC linked accounts that I’ve never heard of nor seen active on the IFC. If I were to tag one of those users that I saw during my approach session earlier, I promise they wouldn’t be active - I’ve PMed these users before, to no response.

What may seem a logical solution…really isn’t logical or practical.

3 Likes

Oh yeah thats true also PMd some one who speed ed up to pass me and go in front of me. luckly atc saw that but i also didn’t get any answer from that person so i think he also just has an account to have an display name in IF and is completely in activ in the IFC.

Exactly. For communication purposes, the idea just won’t work. Infinite Flight can’t force people to be active on the community forum. It’s the exact same for other mobile games that have forums.

That shouldn’t be the case, from the TOS.

“THE SITE AND THE GAME ARE NOT DIRECTED AT CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, NOR DOES INFINITE FLIGHT LLC KNOWINGLY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO INFINITE FLIGHT LLC“

I think the hope with the current setup is that people will see others with a username and think “how do I get one of them”, then they’ll create their account and off you go.

I don’t necessarily think making people create an account would reduce the air traffic, that’s my opinion, but I don’t think it would have enough benefit for the added friction it would create to start flying.

1 Like

I understand, but like with everything else on the internet, people don’t read fine print and bypass rules with one click of the word “accept”. Take, for example the mother that was trying to appeal a violation for her ten year son during IF’s YouTube education stream.

Yes that’s the “knowingly collect information” portion.

Side note, why does legal stuff need to be in all caps, like geez. Stop yellin’ at me.

1 Like

I don’t see how this would help when a lot of people would just create an account and never use it. I definitely agree that expert server pilots need to be held accountable for trolling though.

I would love to be able to contact every pilot though, that’d be super cool. I remember when I was new and didn’t know anyone. No one contacted me but that would have been a cool experience if someone did.

2 Likes

I’m about to be a better person after reading this! :)

1 Like

Yeah to be able to contact every pilot to talk to, to understand why he didn’t something like he did. would be very cool but will never works sadly. Also for people that are new and no one knows him. I also now that when no one knows who i am and then you get mor active time here and more people recognize you in the ifc and in the air. For me this process just started for me. Its also something for every user it self he has to be active here so he answers pm or is kinda active here without that an IFC account is useless when its just an ghost

Happened to me some days ago.As i was landing there were some guys without id waiting to take clearance for takeoff. The moment i touched down they obviously were lagging as their jets were rubber going everyvere randomly. I landed and tried to taxi, but suddenly i lost connection and after some moments as i was cleared of runways i saw a guy of them passing through me.ATC was present i can say.

As far as bad behavior goes, I don’t really think making people sign up would have a huge effect. You want active people on here, not dormant accounts.

You have to remember that some may just have the setting turned off that allows them to be anonymous while still having their account linked, so more people could actually be linked then you think. The “funny” portion is that they’d never actually realize their username was hidden unless you told them.

2 Likes

Oh okay didn’t know that this option is available 😂