Expert Server Behavior | It has to stop!

It’s like leaving a group of students in a classroom without a teacher; everyone loses their senses.

16 Likes

It should be a requirement for everyone to register on the community. There are so many important posts that lots of people probably don’t see because they aren’t part of the Community.

5 Likes

I think you are right. I think that there needs to be a crack down on people that misbehave. They need to learn that this is not the TS. If they want to fly like they’re on the TS, they’ll get a report from me.

3 Likes

It is getting pretty ridiculous. I think that a different system must be put in place instead of the grade. For example, a landings to violations ratio that is similar to that of IFATC. Also, make someone who has been ghosted a certain number of times banned for a longer period then just 7 days. I would say make a grade 4 or 5 server, but alot of the issues comes from them, and less of grade 3.

6 Likes

That is the most correct way of looking at it yet.

I think Grade 4 and 5 should be allowed on Expert. Hopefully making Expert more “exclusive” would encourage pilots to fly more realistically even if ATC is not present. ATC does a great job, but can’t be present everywhere all the time. I love @LaroseRoyce idea about number of reports per week too. I’m willing to go back to TS1 if I get a violation for my lack of attention to my flying to help clean up the Expert server. It has definitely gotten worse over the past month. We still need to set the example and do the right thing… Even when people are flying like drunken monkeys!

6 Likes

I’d be more than happy to go back yo Grade 1 if my actions call for that. I do believe Expert should be Grade 4 & 5 only.

3 Likes

That picture reminds me of what mostly everyone does on approach to KNUC on TS1.

1 Like

As you may have seen above even grade 4 and 5 pilots are known to break the rules. In my opinion the reporting system has to be changed. like @Flying-J said.

Changing the reporting system will be abused, maybe like some have said , having a weekly count of violations is what will determine your status/grade. I get anxious when I hear ATC is going to close because I know pandemonium is going to occur

This is what happened when I lost my approach controller on expert…keep in mind I was tower and couldn’t keep order. Must have had at least 10 ghosts that day…just pure insanity. These pilots should have separated themselves or gone around like I instructed each of them to do 5 times.

8 Likes

Preach. KNUC on TS1 is an absolute nightmare, all the time. I hate that I’m still a Grade 2 for the fact that all of this happens on TS1 on a daily basis. KLAX is a prime target for zero ground control even when there is ground control. People landing with the wind. People taking off on taxiways. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be on Expert to deal with the same thing as a TS1 server

1 Like

That is pure garbage. Even if they thought the controllers were gone, which obviously you weren’t so I’m not sure of the pilotslogic, they should always keep now how to separate properly. A shame really.

2 Likes

Someone taxied right through 3 of us at TFFR yesterday. That’s TS1 stuff

1 Like

Well atleast its not real life, no one was hurt, no plane crashed ;)

1 Like

Midair collision doesn’t exist in Infinite Flight

1 Like

I saw that chaos, I took a picture of a collision on TFFR’s runway!

I reported that user but I didn’t find he here in the forum…

2 Likes

Yep, it was a mess! Sadly, we needed three reports

I was thinking about this a lot, and I honestly think global will fix all of this. My reasons are…
a) Traffic will be less concentrated in specific areas
b) Areas and airports that IFATC advertises will essentially have full atc coverage
c) People will be flying longer routes than just 20 minutes. Essentially, people will learn patience on their own and will be more likely to follow instructions and interact with other aircraft more appropriately.
Until then, all we can do is wait.

8 Likes

Most grade 3 pilots still fly as if they are in TS. They are hard bunch to deal with and am never comfortable when they flying around me.