Expert server advice

Massive congrats, don’t be worried it really isn’t as daunting as it sounds, as everyone says, just listen to ATC and you’re good 👍🏻

1 Like

We all have big teeth and we come and find you if you make a mistake and march upon your house with burning torches. But really, you’re allowed to make mistakes, but if you’re courteous to other users and rectify your mistakes you have nothing to worry about. Have awareness of everyone around you and you will be fine.

2 Likes

Steps to fly on expert:

1. Know of to fly the plane! (Which I’m pretty sure you got the hang of if you are grade 3)
  2. Follow ATC instructions! (They aren’t like on Training server, they know what they are doing!)
  3. Don’t do things that normally get you a violation in TS! (You can get ghosted for doing those things)
  4. Enjoy your first flight!
1 Like

Thanks everyone!

Yeah mate don’t worry, I was scared the first time as well, as long as u follow ATC instructions and don’t break any other rules/ be an i****t then u’ll be fine.

1 Like

Hope you had a good first flight on Expert.

You had some good advice above, and I’m sure you took it serious.
There are a lot of pilot tutorials on YouTube. If you go to the #tutorials section, you’ll find them.

Remember IFATC don’t have a mission to ghost you. So don’t just quit when you get a “please follow instructions”.

If you get told to “please check tutorials on the forum”, you can first check this reference.

See you in the expert skies.

3 Likes

This would also be a great topic to look at:)

1 Like

When flying in and out of uncontrolled airports it’s just the same as the training server. You just have to make sure you don’t get the normal violations. Generally, of late players don’t change their habits from the training server when go to the “expert” server.

1 Like

I didn’t realise we could spawn where we like at an airport, another school day here for me today.

1 Like

Here is a tip, fly expert but don’t go to ATC controlled airports for the first week. Then when you are on and you do go to an ATC airport you will forget you are on expert. That’s what I did then you realize it isn’t bad at all lol.

1 Like

Thanks guys I flew patterns at Miami with @SwedishFlyer which gave me more confidence thanks!

2 Likes

Hope you enjoyed!

I was ATC :)

2 Likes

Oh thanks a lot you were very good better than anybody on training server I have ever seen thanks!

1 Like

Thanks! Got really busy at one point. It’s a ghost town now

1 Like

@mkwiecek didn’t you come to my ATC tracking thread once?

1 Like

And remember, if they tell you “follow instructions or you will be ghosted” don’t be scared and leave like a lot of ppl do, figure out first what are you doing wrong then you can say “I’m sorry” and fix it. The most you fly the easiest it will be!

1 Like

Yes, I have!

1 Like

I too had doubts when I first went on the the expert server, but if you just keep practicing and eventually you’ll be a master.

Don’t worry, when I did my first flight in expert my heart was racing so fast, but if you listen to atc, you will be okay.

also whatever you do do not fly upside down in an f22 jk but as the other have said just listen to atc and you should be good to go