Expert ATC Schedule • 25-31 Dec 17

This week we continue with airline HUBs and focus cities! Our openings will provide more opportunities to fly into steadily opened airports for a specific period.

Below you will find the designated airline and airports that will be serviced for that day(s) of the week. Please take part, represent the airline of the day’s colors, and plan your routes to our manned airports. The success and continuation of this program is dependent upon your participation.

MONDAY: FedEx and UPS
🎁🎄HOLIDAY DELIVERIES🎄🎁
FedEx:UPS

TUESDAY: CORPORATE // EUROPE
Corporate EU

WEDNESDAY: JETSTAR // AUSTRALIA
JetStar

THURSDAY: AER LINGUS
Aer Lingus

FRIDAY: SOUTHWEST AIRLINES // FNF
SWA

SATURDAY: CARIBBEAN AIRLINES
Caribbean Airlines

SUNDAY: VA NEW YEARS CELEBRATION
IMG_1213

Our community’s Virtual Airlines will come together for a special New Year’s celebration. Each airline’s HUB will be staffed for the day. The official event will begin at 2100Z at Denver International (KDEN) where all VAs will depart to their respective HUB. The airports serviced for the 24 hour period will be:

• Delta: KATL
  • Alaska: KSEA
  • NetJets: KCMH
  • Fedex: KMEM
  • UPS: KSDF
  • JetBlue: KJFK
  • Southwest: KMDW
  • American: KDFW
  • Spirit: KFLL
  • United: KORD
  • Aviaton Airways: KMHT
  • DHL: KCVG

Event Details: [Closed!] Virtual Airline Summit @ KDEN - 312100ZDEC17

The above airports should be opened and fully staffed prior to any other airports being opened during the designated times. HUB changes will occur at 0000Z.

Do you want to be a part of this amazing ATC effort? Join here!

77 Likes

Don’t forget to enjoy our ATC services in the Middle East today, 24 December, before we kick off another great week of HUBs!

31 Likes

Can’t wait for ATC in the Caribbean. I’m an expert when it comes to flying in regions like the Caribbean. Thank you so much Tyler! I really like this idea. Now, I can be near professional ATC during the course of the week. I’m so going to be flying on Monday morning.

Happy Holidays!

7 Likes

I will definitely participate in the Monday’s christmas event! I will be carrying some of “Santa’s Cargo” ;)

4 Likes

@Tyler_Shelton you forgot KGSO for FedEx again lol. Anyways, nice to see that KMHT will finally have its time to shine! Aviation Airways thanks you for including our hub!

2 Likes

thanks for doing what u guys do

2 Likes

Can’t wait for these Brilliant Controllers to operate us safely into our destinations. Thanks so much for this Global update as we wouldn’t of had this oppurtunity. Happy holidays to all and A very Merry Christmas and Happy new Year to everyone out there!

Cheers,

Baxter White
HUB Manager YSSY for Qantas Virtual Group

1 Like

Can’t wait for IFATC in Aus!

Tyler, a little heads up about the Aer Lingus bases. They moved from EGAA to EGAC about 6 years ago.

But thanks for having a Belfast airport.

Do you think they’ll still be at OMDB around 215-230Z? I know you say you’ll be ending at 000Z, but I’m planning an overnighter to Perth for tonight.
I know Tyler Shelton is on break, but I’m not directly asking him.

There is a high chance we will not be controlling OMDB after 0200Z, as we always adhere to this schedule. Airports opening after 0000Z would be in the US area, but airports opening before 0000Z can stay open until the controller decides to close. So unless the OMDB controller decides to stay open for 2 more hours, it’s likely there will not be coverage at OMDB.

There are few exceptions occasionally, where an airport outside of coverage area would be opened, however one/a few users requesting ATC coverage outside of coverage area is not one of these exceptions.

You can always check and see if OMDB is still open before you spawn. We’re apologize for the inconvenience, and have a safe flight!

4 Likes

I’m going to see if we can get the KCVG hub staffed and do DHL flights…

I recalculated airtime and decided to leave closer to 300Z instead, so I’m guessing there’ll be a 98% chance of no ATC. Bummer. Good luck signaling those virtual pilots whenever you’ll be IFATCing.

SWA is huge at DEN, why is it not included?

2 Likes

Because I wanted some diversity. KDEN gets plenty of love in other airlines. :)

15 Likes

Definitely will try to be apart of this!

Can’t wait for tommorow’s cargo rush. Will be taking off tonight and head to Memphis!

I love this community. Nice job Tyler!

2 Likes

May the festivities begin! Thanks guys!