Expert ATC Schedule • 19-25 Feb 18

Anchorage-Jeaneu great route

Looks nice, really nice. It is going to be a fun week with lots of flying! However there is one major issue yet to be resolved. What aircraft should I use🤔

I’m really sorry to ask, as I believe that the answer is evident… but just to confirm 0600Z = 06:00 Zulu Time?

And, speaking of hour, what are the “peek hours” to maximize the chance of arriving while ATCs are online?

Excellent schedule Tyler! Glad to see the West Coast and Middle East included.

Well, I must say, changing the switch over times to 0600Z makes things really inconvenient for Australia, but nevertheless, great schedule!

2 Likes

@mcg Yes, Z = Zulu Time.

2 Likes

How so? Your particular schedule or Aussies as a whole?

Appreciate any feedback so we can keep this in mind as we experiment.

4 Likes

Again great schedule. I can not wait for South America.

1 Like

I hope that this actually happens. Strongly dislike when IFATC controllers open up class bravo airports all the time

4 Likes

Respectfully, I disagree. I like having a sense of what to expect. Especially when you are planning 10-14 hour hauls to arrive at a certain airport during ATC times.

That being said, I love that this schedule is put out every week and appreciate all the hard work that goes into it

7 Likes

I am aiming to open all Class Charlies or Deltas this week. Class Bravos get old and I think smaller airports will offer more of a challenge due to the traffic that will build up.

2 Likes

It also makes it easier on us, IFATC, because I believe most of us live in the U.S. and Europe. We can easily transfer regions with the new time.

1 Like

Well, the regions change at 7 pm AEDT (East coast) so it may be hard to plan long hauls during school. (You might set your destination to be in Dubai and then your flight lands early so you don’t get ATC.)

2 Likes

Im exited for wendsday. I just love those huge amounts of Hawaii traffic^^

2 Likes

If your talking about AEST it will be 1700 local (5pm). I suggest planning long hauls overnight and landing before you leave to school.

Personally I think it’s a good time as the change happens when other people are coming online. I’m in Sydney incase anyone is wondering. :)

6 Likes

I have exactly 1 hour from waking up in the morning to sitting in the car, going to school. Plus, winds are always unpredictable overnight and I don’t have a big enough timeframe before school in the morning to land. (I have to get dressed, brush teeth, eat breakfast etc.)

1 Like

Nice schedule ;)

Either plan to get up earlier or do long hauls on the weekend :P

Enjoy some short hauls in the evening!

8 Likes

Nice! Great to see Sweden!

1 Like

Nice schedule! Will be sure to do some flights. :D

1 Like

Keep an eye out because I’m not controlling any Class Bravos this week.

2 Likes