Expert ATC Schedule • 16-22 Apr 18

@ChronicTailwinds I like what you said I think that two regions a day will give the long hauls planes atc at both locations which will be nice.
Trevor

1 Like

But you aren’t guaranteed ATC will still be active when you get to your destination airport. They open and close a lot these days, so better to do short haul imo.

Welcome to Croatia!
LDRI - Rijeka - open next few hours. (CLOSED)

Airport information:
http://www.ivao.cz/downloads/IFRTOUR/LDRI.pdf

Suggested routes:
LDZA- LDRI - EGLL - LDRI - LDZA - A319 CROATIA AIRLINES
EDDM - LDRI - EDDM- DASH CROATIA AIRLINES
ESKN- LDRI - ESKN- B738 RYANAIR
EDDF - LDRI - EDDF - B738 RYANAIR
EDDK - LDRI - EDDK - A320 EUROWINGS (LUFTHANSA)
LDSP - LDRI - LDOS - DASH CROATIA AIRLINES
OTBH - LDRI -OTBH - B744 ATLAS

You should suggest routes connecting to Scandinavia tho

ESKN - LDRI B378 Ryanair

You’re never guaranteed ATC service, even when you fly to the ones listed above. For example: Los Cabos was barely manned yesterday. Meanwhile KDFW and a few others not on the list of focus airports were manned.

Diversity is never bad. I think having two different regions open is a great idea we should continue to implement. IFATC just continues to grow in numbers, so there’s not a shortage of controllers. They’re real people with real lives and schedules too.

3 Likes

Right, this happened to me but after I realized how long the controller was active for I understood.

1 Like

I am on my way to PHNL now :D

1 Like

Also keep in mind a large base of people who play and control on IF live in the United States. With that being said there is also a large difference in time zones. You could be flying around noon (your time) and the controller closes before you land, possibly do to the fact that it’s 11pm where they are.

@JeromeJ I know that feeling when you take off and head toward an airport with ATC and then halfway there the ATC closes. 😩 Now that I have become IFATC I can understand why they close after what seems like such a little amount of time. When your controlling and it’s busy time will fly by so fast. 2hr feels like 10min.

Sound great 😂look forward to see

An idea could be to have schedules for each airport, and slots allocated to controllers in a rota system on a voluntary basis. Then people know for sure a given airport will be open at a certain time. With the current system it is basically just pot luck as to whether your destination airport will be controlled when you arrive.

Well it’s all volunteer because you can’t force someone to open an airport if they don’t have the time. Even with your system someone could forget or something comes up and they can’t control anymor.

Still never got an answer, can I open PGUM today?

Will FNF be coming out soon? Interested where it will be tomorrow.

1 Like

Just be patient Mark needs time to make the proper FNF event. On top of that he has to decide where it will be.

2 Likes

I just turned grade 3 like 2 hours ago and well I have to many violations so ill see you guys in expert sever in about 3 months when get 487 more lanings done .Happy flying everyone!

hoping you guys will open ATC in Tahiti, would love to fly with Tahiti Airlines :)

My home airport (esgg) is included! Hope crj comes out before wednesday so that I will buy Live again.(got tired of all the planes or their quality, so i did not bother renewing it)

1 Like

Dude, that was 3 days ago. Hahaha.

4 Likes

lol, but i guess it wont be that long til next time we see Scandinavia