Expert ATC Controller Schedule • 18-24 Dec

Ohh Ok makes sense , but still would be nice to have IFATC at some of these major airports .

2 Likes

the only problem is that atc controllers are mostly based in the states. hope they see this post and control outside of the us for while.

2 Likes

Now i can fly from tokyo haneda to taipei with atc

1 Like

That amazing news finally some activity in Africa will happen .
Thanks .

8 Likes

I would love Ireland to get ATC for a day it’s dead all the time

1 Like

Can we try some more distinct colors next time? I appreciate all the hard work…it’s just a little hard to distinguish the colors a little bit.

1 Like

I did some darker colors the first time and @Laura almost fired me because they weren’t “pretty enough”. 😜

32 Likes

Oh man, Asia is Monday and I can’t fly on Monday, why…

1 Like

I really like the format with the world map @Tyler_Shelton, but can you consider putting more contrast into the color. I have slight colorblindness (red, green, orange, amber) and have huge difficulties to tell the difference between Asia, USA and Africa on the map

I wouldn’t ask you to do this only for me, but for a lot of users( you’d be surprised, you might be colorblind too! I only discovered 3 years ago, when I got my medical, and the doctor told me) as 1 in 12 men are color blind . (For women it’s 1 in 200)

Thanks in advance and happy landings !

2 Likes

@Tyler_Shelton I think it’s a good idea to write the schedule down in text format in the post. As @Flyingkiwi said, some people have difficulties making out the schedule just from the map. There doesn’t need to be a list of each countries, just a rough description.

For example, in this schedule

Monday - Far East
Tuesday - Australia & New Zealand
Wednesday - Canada
Thursday - Mexico & Surrounding Area
Friday - Northern Europe
Saturday - Southern Europe & Northern Africa
Sunday - Middle East & South Asia

10 Likes

Thanks for the feedback

9 Likes

Hi Tyler,
Is there any specific time airports in the selected region fulfilled with ATC? I flew Canada yesterday around 0300Z and only 2 airports have ATC, I expected more though because this is an official IFATC schedule :)

1 Like

We try our best @ekolaziale to have as many frequencies open as possible. As you understand though this is voluntary and we are all busy leading up to this time of year. Thanks for understanding. Happy flying!

8 Likes

Hi Declan,
Yes I do understand it is voluntary, sorry I didn’t mean anything bad about IFATC guys which have done excellent to control airports. I just thought maybe you guys have a specific time on when to do it and I might not flying at that time :)

2 Likes

Yeah unfortunately there is never a certain time when there will be more frequencies online, as also of us, have plans each day and they can be at different times each and every day.

2 Likes

Alright, no worries hopefully today I can catch up with more ATC in Mexico & carribean region :)

2 Likes

Yes, as what Declan said, this is pure voluntary work, so we don’t have a specific time for opening a particular airport. However, we are always trying to open airports if and when we are free and are able to.

Apologies for the inconvenience and we thank you for your understanding!

3 Likes

To complement @Declan_O and @Marcus_Chee statements above. Actually we don’t have a specific time, but usually the airports are packed at around 1500Z-2100Z. These are usually the peak times when we have many traffics. Unfortunately by 0300Z, it’s already night in the US and it’s early morning in Europe. Which explains why there are only a few ATCs who are open with few traffics. I hope it helps

5 Likes

Totally understood, all good Marcus. :)

2 Likes

That’s fine George, next time I’ll definitely try flying at those time :)

Thanks for the information!

1 Like