Experiences with Security

Does anyone have any good stories when it comes to airport security experience? My most interesting one was when I was flying Delta in Bangkok headed to Tokyo, and I had to get searched twice right at the gate, and not a normal wand over, but a very thorough search by two different agents before they would let me board.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

While the guy was checking my ticket before me going through security, he asked me “how old are you”
And I respond with my name
Got suspicious looks after that

9 Likes

1 Like

At MAN jet2 have their own security and check-in, it took us 22 mins to get through my mum got searched twice and scanned and my bag got scanned twice. BTW this was at 0415.

2 Likes

2 Likes

When you have a cast and have to get bomb tested all the time.

3 Likes

Ft Lauderdale has no known crew member security point.
My dad made a mountain out of a mole hill about it.

1 Like

Long lines. About this long:
-----------------------------------------{500 more dashes}------------------------------------------

2 Likes

Neutral.

Apparently the security officers at JFK aren’t too keen on flipping passports.

“Sir could you flip your passport around?”

The level of pathetic-ness and helplessness is quite irritating.

Otherwise, I’ve had very little problem with lines. Of course, most times I show up there are lines but they never become insanely long. Tampa was pushing it but no nightmares.

Costa Rican baggage checks are a joke by the way.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Well I got swabbed for bomb residue and I was asked a few questions once

I almost lost my boarding pass at PDX because I wasn’t thinking and i put it in the basket at security and it fell under the machine… I got it back though.

I know this may offend some of you but I had a horrible experience when I went to Melbourne for a stopover before going to Hobart. Sure, a security man helped us skip a queue but he was rather racist about it. Frankly speaking who says “ahck-zit” rather than “eck-zit”. Took us a while to understand and that made us feel really miffed that we couldn’t even understand such a simple word.
That was YEARS ago. Still etched in my mind though. :(

Pretty good actually.

Over the past couple years queue time was 5-10 mins at BHX, UK staff are usually quite firendly (especially at BHX) and whilst it is strict it is efficient.

Same can be said for INN/SZG in Austria.

1 Like

British airports tend to be strict, especially with the 100ml liquid allowance. I read a pilots blog that said Heathrow is the worst for pilots because security is so thorough, but I’d prefer to be safer personally.

Now that’s debatable…

My family and I were travelling to Barcelona! We went through security and my dad got asked to get searched! The security guard lit gloves on and started searching my dad, at which point he put his hand down my dads trousers and felt round his Goolies!

Flyg most of the time in the nordic countries due to my work. Here’s is where I have my best experience. Morning greeting when you are early, help you place your stuff in the bins that goes trough the scanner so it goes faster, wishes you a nice trip and so on.

Worst is Incheong (Seoul int airport, south korea) 2 hours queue, was last one on board back to Europe.

When I do A trainsheep in my local Airpot, I have access to the tarmac (and the runway) of the airport, so every morning I have to go to the Security point for the crew member and the staff of the airport.
So, I do it every morning, and every evening, and every day I missed to remove my key from my bag…

The agent was so bored, it was funny for me 😂😂