Experience

What is th best way to earn XP for higher level servers? It’s ridiculous how long it takes to earn XP. A few weeks ago I decided to fly as much as I can, in heavy aircraft, doing as many touch and go’s and real flying as I can, and I’m not even halfway there for level 3!!! It’s ridiculous that someone who pays the subscription, buys terrain and aircraft, plays professionally, plays a lot, and is also a real pilot, can’t even participate in the higher level servers. Do I have to dedicate my life to IF to get there? I’m tired of playing with people that buzz around and don’t follow the rules, but at my current pace, it’ll take me years to reach the high level servers.

3 Likes

Do touch and go’s in small planes so you can do more of them in a quicker period of time. You don’t have to dedicate much to get to Grade 3 trust me

8 Likes

Lots and lots of touch and goes
hope this helps

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the IFC! Unfortunately this is a duplicate and I have linked the post below;

Please read this and almost all your questions will be answered and if not just post on that post any questions or queries you may have. And next time try searching before posting!

4 Likes

I agree with everyone else but also remember that the grading system also has a stat that is for a rolling window of time. IE last 90 days. So if you go crazy today and do 30 landings today, in 91 days that number will drop by 30 because it “falls off”. I prefer to do a small amount each day and over time it will add up.

Fly patterns but the goal should not be to rack up landings but to have quality landings that builds your skill. Also doing patterns in a crosswind also helps the xp out. Simply doing landings back to back as quickly as possible will look good for landings but not xp. Quality, not quantity.

2 Likes

Do pattern work, touch and goes, fly for hours on end, and try to fly in a crosswind and heavy turbulence with low visiblity, i almost made 2,000 XP once in an hour and 30 minutes from low visibility and 38 knot winds, doing pattern work in fields, do this and you will climb ranks farely quickly

1 Like

Haha I feel your Pain. I bought a live subscription and when it ended, I was only 3/4s of the way there.

2 Likes

No I’m well aware it’s a duplicate. Any time you have a low level server that is that hard to reach, there will be lots of “duplicate” complaints.

1 Like

My landings are great. The issue isn’t that I need to practice landing. The issue is that I can’t seem to build high XP because the system is weighted so heavily. For a paying customer who participates professionally and who has no history of trolling public servers, this is a business issue to me

3 Likes

I have 16 hours of flight time and less than 20k XP. What am I missing? Do I need to quit my job and go full time IF to be able to reach the next level server?

2 Likes

I read previously where heavy aircraft generate more XP, hence my decision to spend days flying a 748. Is this not correct?

2 Likes

It’s taken me around a year to get grade 5

1 Like

It’s not hard to accumulate XP. It’s possible to get 8 to 9 thousand XP per hour just doing touch and go. One hour per day spent on touch and go for 5 days and there’s 40k XP just from that. Definitely not life consuming.

3 Likes

just fly and you’ll get there

2 Likes

That’s not true. I’ve been playing one hour per day for the last two weeks and as stated above have less than 20k. Its terrible. I’m never gonna enjoy this app because I’ll never reach the real servers where the professionals are

2 Likes

I think you can do some tight patterns in some airports by doing it around several times (preferably, 10). It would be easier to get the next level imho

2 Likes

I made 40 ,000 xps in 3 days. Just doing touch n goes… but now i dont do so many as I want to enjoy the simulador itself and at the end it’s a way better than doing touch n goes for hours.(just my opinion)

1 Like

I never really found myself having to grind to gain XP. Even though I made it to the expert server before the grading change it still wasn’t hard. I’m grade 3 and really only one or two flights a day if that. It’s gonna take sometime but if we didn’t have this system the expert server wouldn’t be what it is. We’re trying to maintain a standard here and you being a real pilot should be able to understand that it just doesn’t happen over night but that’s the fun of it. You’ll make it, it just takes some consistency.

2 Likes

I feel your pain, the XP system was changed a while ago and it has helped the expert server regain the name expert. Hope your experience improves, getting there will be worth it!

As stated above, flying large 10 + minute patterns in a 747 is not the way to get there.

Go back to basics, get in a GA aircraft like the Super Decathlon, and do standard visual circuits. They take about 4 minutes each, and you can rack up thousands of XP in minutes. You can even cheat and fly tight patterns, resulting in a touch and go every 2 minutes (or less).

I have no idea of your actual skill, and you claim to be knowledgeable and skilled which may be the case, but if that’s so, you are the exception, not the rule. If it was as easy and quick to reach the expert server as you wish, then we might as well just change the name of it to ‘Training Server 2’. The expert server in its current state is still filled with amateurs with the current requirements.

These figures of XP / landings etc have been juggled around and tweaked by the devs over about 2 years. It’s not a perfect system, but it’s about as good as it’ll get. The point of needing high XP means amateurs have time to practice, research, find a bit of a passion for Aviation and go out of their own way to learn.

Subsequently, I completely disagree with your post, and in fact find it somewhat disrespectful to come on here, announce how great you think you are, best your chest and demand change (to a system that is actually light on and easy to reach something called an ‘expert’ server). Have some patience and put in the effort required as everyone does.

A ‘paying customer’ doesn’t give you any substance to the argument. When you buy any video game, do you expect instant access to the final level? Or do you spend time working through it? Yes this is a simulator, but suck it up and put in the effort if you want it. Grade 3 (and subsequent access to the expert server) is absolutely simple to attain.

7 Likes