Evolution of the Display Name

Just like at KOSH 😉

2 Likes

Wow, very nice. Just one question, will it be like my ifc username and then my callsign comes up, or my callsign and my ifc username is in 1 line

Absolutely great Change.

3 Likes

Honestly something I’d never expect. I quite enjoyed the display name we have now, but then again:

“Out with the old”.

1 Like

Can someone explain to me whats being removed? I kind of don’t understand it.

1 Like

I ike this change, but I have my concerns. It’s a great way of bringing together that community aspect of IF even more. However, what if some people still want a “display name” per say, but don’t necessarily want to be on the forum? It seems a bit iffy to just kinda force someone onto the IFC to have that extra little nametag displayed

3 Likes

Our display names. In the future you won’t have a display of (eg. IFC PilotCSG)

1 Like

Yeah I like having my call sign and a flight number as my display name say DL732

@jasonrosewell @Chris_S I have an underscore under my name how will this work in IF?

3 Likes

omgggggg. unexpected indeed.

1 Like

This is very interesting! I am excited to see this implemented!

Will an Infinite Flight subscription be required to create a Forum account now?

I wonder what you will have to do if you are in a VO that requires you to have their name in your display name, what if you are in multiple that requires you have that? ex IPP or IFAE

5 Likes

This will be covered in the release notes.

The ability for you to manually type your display name is being removed. It will be replaced with your IFC name if you choose to link the two.

5 Likes

No, you do not need to.

2 Likes

Roger, thanks

1 Like

I’m gonna miss the good ol’ display name, but this is a nice change for sure!

Well done everyone on the IF team for keeping this sim awesome!

2 Likes

Does it mean people will have a button to message the IFATC after he ghosted you (if they connected an account)? Will be so nice to have it tbh

3 Likes

Do the “user12345” Display Names disappear as well?

4 Likes

What if someone doesn’t have an IFC account? How will we see their display name? I have a friend who isn’t on IFC but always has the same display name. How would I recogznize him?

3 Likes