Evolution of Global Flight

As all terrain is streamed will the app actually be smaller in storage space than the current one?

4 Likes

We don’t know but I think it will be. Obviously many people will choose to download certain areas so it really depends.

7 Likes

You also have to factor in all the new features besides global that might take up storage. (Ex. Fuel burn)

2 Likes

One question will fuel consumption be different with each aircraft?
For example in real life you would have to put more fuel into a Boeing 747-400 than you would in a 787 on a LAX to HKG Flight.
Sorry if this has already been answered

2 Likes

Yes it definitely will be

13 Likes

It should be fine with whatever storage you have, its the 1gb ram that your device needs. refer to some of the pinned topics such as :

https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/minimum-device-requirements/126648

https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/what-is-global/94793

hope this helped.

also I usually keep at least 1gb of space free. ( I will then clear a lot more when the update comes

2 Likes

Considering I have 3MB available space (obviously have more than that otherwise phone wouldn’t work - I have 3MB more to use on apps, music etc) I wouldn’t be so quick to assume

4 Likes

anyway hope the linked helped as they say how much space you need and stuff.
back on topic now :)

3 Likes

Well actually they don’t say how much space you need or even give a rough guide :/

Will engine stop be disabled in mid air?

2 Likes

I hope not I really want to simulate engine failures.

3 Likes

Laura showed a few months ago that you can stop it mid flight. 😕 TS1…

9 Likes

Hey sorry I was having a very bad day:( it’s not right what I said I’m sorry

Thanks, Brodie

1 Like

I wish IFATC would have some sort of schedule for global when it comes out for example…

300-530Z: ATC @ KJFK
330Z-630Z: ATC @ KBOS so planes can go from KJFK-KBOS
900Z-1100Z: Why not have services in KLAX so planes can cross the US as well
1000Z-1300Z: ATC @ EGLL because planes are going from NY & BOS to LDN
1030Z-1330Z: ATC @ EHAM for arriving planes to divert from EGLL

However apparently IFATC is too spontaneous to do this

1 Like

I believe FNF and TT will somewhat take care of this, on top of VA scheduled events. Also, there will probably be some new events that randomly pop up. I’m looking forward to it!

3 Likes

I’ll be curious to see how the IF user population changes their flying time once Global is released.I feel like this will play a big factor for ATC because whats the point in having schedules when there’s only 27 people online like there are now? Will Global make people want to fly more? Will it make people want to control more. Will Infinite Flight see a boom in customers? We will see in the very near future.

8 Likes

Traffic is low in Expert servers because forum members are flying less often waiting for Global. Within five to six hours of Global’s release and Expert servers will be more packed than during 787 release weekend. Within forty eight hours and it will likely be the new norm

7 Likes

Let’s see if your hypothesis is proven correct. I sure hope a full packed expert server becomes the norm. ATC is the what most often gets me in the mood to fly so I hope regions of the world are well-staffed quite frequently.

5 Likes

No, traffic is low because it isn’t fun to fly without ATC for many people. See how busy regions get when fully staffed. Hopefully global will solve this as even with ATC there will be minimal contact.

4 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see. What I hope more than an influx of pilots after Global is an influx of CONTROLLERS. Since many more people’s home airports will be in the sim this might encourage them to want to control around their homes on the expert server. From my point of view being an Expert controller will be equally as enjoyable as being a pilot. It’s bound to be great fun for all.

4 Likes

yeah for sure! i have full intention on continuing to get better at ATC and then try to push for IFATC, was the BIG reason i joined IF to be honest, the flying was a perk, but a huge hobby of mine is ATC

2 Likes