Evolution of Global Flight

Yes, you must always have a valid internet connection to play in or out of regions. However, it is possible in future updates the Devs will implement a system similar to Google maps where you can pre-download certain areas to use later when offline

2 Likes

and theres the answer to why global is taking so long

1 Like

It will be worth it, don’t worry.

13 Likes

Not sure if this question is suitable here, but what is “Floating point bug” that everyone was talking about before?

1 Like

The aircraft shaking/vibrating after flying away from your departure ariport. Most noticeable when you landed at your destination.

4 Likes
2 Likes

There is a boat on the sea… AI confirmed? May be?

2 Likes

Sometimes, there’re boats on the Satellite Imagery so it probably is :)

3 Likes

What about the bug we’re the 717 nose wheel goes in the air I thought that was the bug

Basically with a 32 bit system, you have a limit on the number of digits stored. This means the number that stores your location can only have x number of digits. When you haven’t travelled far the number is extremely small and therefore most of the digits are in the right side of the decimal place (e.g 1.93288483828288382). When you’ve travelled far, you still have the same number of digits allowed but need a bigger number, so you can move the decimal to the right (hence the name “floating point”). For example, 1838489292.28282228 (For the sake of simplicity let’s pretend this and the prior number have the same number of digits). They both have the same number of digits, but the first one is much more accurate, as it has more numbers after the decimal. This means the latter number is larger but has much lower precision, meaning the game doesn’t know the location as well, so the larger margin of error means the plane can zig-zag across the margin of error.

For example, if the location is 6.12346789, and each unit is a KM, we know the accuracy of the aircraft to a 10 millionth of a meter (extremely accurately). If the location is 12345678.96 we only know the location to within 10M, meaning every time the game calculates the plane’s position it can vary by up to 10M. As the game does this several times a second it appears to be zig-zagging around.

(This is simplified and confirmed as right)

30 Likes

Huh, I knew what the bug was, but not how/why it occurred. Very neat.

5 Likes

We can’t know because no pricing model has been announced yet.

2 Likes

I can confirm it wont exist //airport editor

2 Likes

please don’t go on about the pricing. the developers will announce the pricing information once they have finalised it
:)

2 Likes

That’s a shame as they are a big part of dubai. Oh well

1 Like

Sure hope the update arrives before I begin school in mid August as I won’t have a lot of time to fly.

19 Likes

I don’t think there is even a minuscule chance of global being released in the next two weeks. @Dreamliner_pilot @CJLAviation @Daniel14

7 Likes

That’s a bummer. My live+ just expired but at this point I suppose I’ll just wait to find out what the new pricing structure will be before renewing.

2 Likes

Big part of Dubai for the likely less than 1% who regularly skydive yes

3 Likes

Will global have a complete fix to the floating bug or a partial fix?