Evolution of Global Flight

Even getting better now than expected?! This is unbelievable! Looking forward to the release 😍🙌🏼 Can you say any percentage or things that still have to be done/checked?

7 Likes

@fraspotting1 this may be helpful -
When is the update?

2 Likes

Speaking of Global, Has anyone tested Global and Live together? Because I am sure our devices have a chance of struggling with rendering TS1 and Global together. Hopefully, the iPad Air 2 (or its successor, the iPad) will be enough for that. Could some Alpha Tester help?

1 Like

Global and live have been tested multiple times together. Most alpha testers fly Global on expert as seen in this thread:

5 Likes

How do you think we can track them if they aren’t on live?

Check here for information on running capabilities. The Devs have said they are looking at making sure Global runs on most devices with a minimum of 1 GB RAM. Also the Alpha testers do operate Global on Live so there is proof that Live and Global will work together.

4 Likes

Basically all the alpha testers have been flying on live AFAIK. Global wouldn’t be happening if it caused IF to be really laggy on live. I’m sure a tester can confirm that it works fine.

8 Likes

I added “On TS1” in that post. With such a crowd, I don’t know if the iPad Air 2 is enough.

1 Like

You can always turn down “Aircraft Count”

9 Likes

There’s always the, “Airplane Count” option to reduce the rendering load for your device.

2 Likes

People will be spread out not in just one area

4 Likes

Ummm, Define “Aircraft Count”. I don’t use Live (but I will when Global arrives) so I don’t know what it does.

1 Like

It basically makes less planes appear

2 Likes

It shows the amount of aircraft you see in a certain amount of distance.

2 Likes

Yes, but if I am at KLAX when some 30 planes are giving a good headache to ATC, it might be a problem.

1 Like

It might but if you’re running a good device then it’s fine. Again take a look at the minimum device requirements thread linked above.

1 Like

Please do not make assumptions that devices will struggle with rendering TS1 and global together. You don’t know until you’ve tried it yourself. :)

A lot of our testing occurs on live (see tracking thread). Most of us fly on the expert server and there’s a lot of traffic there too. In fact, at times the expert server may even have more traffic than the training server. Also, keep in mind a lot of optimizations have been made (and are still being made) to make global run well on higher-end devices and lower-end devices.

21 Likes

@Balloonchaser To my knowledge, that probably isn’t a picture of Global.

5 Likes

@Balloonchaser it’s just an IF pic

1 Like

Let’s just hope global is out before this thread closes. We’re near to 10k

7 Likes