Everything In It's Time - Point Of Order

I’m so glad you said something about this. I’ve seen way too many “I’ve been ghosted wrong” posts or #support topics with people either guessing the right answer for likes, or repeating an answer someone already saidthis drives me nuts. I really hope people take into account what you said and maybe just maybe these problems will decrease.

2 Likes

@Infinite_Flight_Sims. MaxSez: Wish I would’ve said that! Well research, written and to the point! The only thing missing was the term “Bloviater”, their the duty expert jotters who just sprew looking for a “Regular” commission believing it moves them up in the hierarchy of bloviation or King Rat! Or a voice from the depths of mom’s basement who want to bask in the glow with a one liner.

“Well Done” Mr. IF Sims, You deserve this BZ Hoist, Such Hutspa…
MaxSends

IMG_1517

3 Likes

Thank You Very Much Max, I Appreciate It 👍

2 Likes

great topic overall, fully agree. This point specificly should be kept in mind more imo:

Way to often do I see tons of answers to something that has been answered long ago because many like playing a round of mini mod. Also once the thread has calmed down everyone loves to start preaching how we should calm down for an additional 50 messages. Its so annoying to me and this has happened to an insane amount on the well known B777 development thread as youve surely seen yourself.

Hope it somehow gets better, not sure how to improve it, if theres always new people not acknowledging this…

2 Likes

Thank you for this post. Hopefully the community keeps this in mind for a while.

2 Likes

We just need a refresher of this topic in that case @AExones

Thanks @Infinite_Flight_Sims. A very informative post!

4 Likes

Thanks for this @Infinite_Flight_Sims, hopefully it helps some of the “problems” happening currently.

3 Likes

Nicely done! Lets see more order round these parts people

Just kidding…lets not be that strict

1 Like

I really like your clean up/summary of the current Boeing 777 Development thread. If no new screenshot was shared through the Social Media and the Development Timeline, there is no point of just commenting in the thread, unless there is something interesting to discuss, that is of course not lead to a speculation.

I may also agree with the situation in the #support category. I could also mention that some users are replying fast so that they could get a solution first, ending up in not reading the topic in which the user had already tried a certain method. If you don’t know the solution to the problem a user has, leave it to the staff.

4 Likes

I find the “off topic” flag being used too widely. Preventing speculation on a development thread? Nothing wrong with that! It honestly prevents the free-flow of discussion when we get people flagging left and right.

On another note, I think it would be great if the OP could mark the solution in #support (which we already can) but the solution would get pinned to the top of the replies. This would make it easier for others to reference an answer rather than sifting through replies.

1 Like

All good points, thank you

2 Likes

As I said in the 777 development thread itself, I find the obsession with ‘decluttering’ completely pointless and tedious. What is wrong with allowing conversation to flow a little bit and for constructive conversations to form. It’s impossible to do so with endless ‘mini-mods’ poised to shoot you down as soon as you stray slightly from the straight and narrow. I personally find the endless ‘stop going off-topic’, ‘the mods will close this…’, ‘everyone stop asking this…’ comments are the ones ‘cluttering’ the thread- not the odd off topic comment.

People are allowed to have conversations, but if some users start completely chatting off topic on and on, yes that could affect the thread.

check out my part on speculation. The 20.1 tracking thread got closed once again, why? Speculation, misinformation, and off topic chat.

1 Like

I understand your opinion but my point of view is that the constant closures of topics and very strict policing of the forum is counterproductive to proper discussion, and I think the whole culture may be offputting to new or casual users. However, I can see how running the forum that way may be difficult.

Hello,
There @HWY139. This is a issue which you may take up with @MishaCamp. Suggestions are always welcome 👍

1 Like

I think this needs to be bumped, many issues above are still going on :(

2 Likes

Well said! The development thread got kind ridiculous. If you had a genuinely good question, you had two options.

1. Read 25756743 comments until you find the answer
  2. Reply, asl the question and get told to read through the thread to find the answer somewhere in the cufufole.
    So, yeah, basically if everyone had kept it clean, it wouldn’t have been too bad.
3 Likes

That I can agree on. Of course there will always be some bad behavior, but this topic will still remind a lot of people.

@InfiniteFlightDeck Nice points you got there 👍

1 Like

As you said, it will never be perfect but it does not hurt to try :)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.