Everyone must do an ATC test

It is time to reset the PG and make it the Train Server

2 Likes

I think the core problem on playground is the pilots, not ATC.

I mean the ATC on playground are just there for learning but the chaos begins when the pilots don’t listen to instructions and treat it like the free flight server.
The free flight server and playground are strangely a
like these days unfortunately.

I may sound controversial but consider allowing temporary ghosts in playground after passing a little test.

That would mean no one brand new can jump in and start ghosting straight away - if you pass a little test you are known and accountable.

But then we can have the learners policing it themselves.

1 Like

Well said Dylan. Taking the playground name away would be good - it gives the wrong impression.

ATC Learning (server) or something like that would be better.

2 Likes

But as IFATC said, great ATC wouldn’t be possible without great pilots so @Stephen_Smith makes an excellent point here…

90% of the ATCs don’t controlling to train, we even can’t contact them.
Yes I also taught the pilots where the problem, but when I was one week no IFATC and I controlled on KSAN PG everyone listen to me, because I give all most always the right instructions

1 Like

No one should be able to ghost, only the IFATC will be able

But back to my point… We as pilots should be allowed to report the ATC (but make it 5 reports or more as 3 is too easy a number for people to abuse)

I had been reported on PG for nothing by disgruntled Filipinos.

About reporting ATCs go to Report ATC button
I think🙂

The ATC is never usually the problem, the problem is the Grade 1 players who don’t know what line up and wait means. They should be the ones that take a three question test that allows them to know what it means along with two other basic commands or any more

2 Likes

That I also want just a few question before you flight

But I want to say again the times I controlled no one don’t followed the instructions

I always play on Playground and ATC is Generally fine and they know what they are doin after all they only do the basics and they rarely sequence you, the only problem is the actual people flying, the yes would make controllers lives so much easier.

Ehm APP DEP CEN don’t know what they do
And TWR has also much problems

What I have noticed is when GND & TWR is taken, people choose APP and CTR and so on but leave in a really short time… Probably because they have no idea what to do or probably because they’re impatient to wait for the traffic to come to contact them?

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Well I’d Dont expect there to be knowledgeable ATC on those frequencies I check in if it’s available and if they don’t clear me for a approach I fly myself, I never really experience problems on tower and overall I think most ATC take it seriously

2 Likes

Can only speak for myself, but I’ve tried KSAN Approach several times and quickly decided that it’s not worth the ulcer: “Unable” (Really, you can’t turn 10 degrees right?), “Requesting Frequency Change” (40 miles out from KSAN), requesting approaches for everywhere but the SAN area, and let’s not forget blatant disregard of instructions…I’m good with that, this is supposed to be fun. I’ll stick to the other regions, even if that means that traffic is light.

1 Like

Wrong it’s both pilots and controllers alike.

1 Like

This makes me laugh if you guys knew the amount of time and effort spent in testing and training IFATC, I don’t think you would bring this up.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like