Ever Fell Asleep While Flying?

Omg, that moment when… 😂

I was flying on Hawaii, and I had an hour long flight. Once I got to my cruise altitude, I put my aircraft on 80% thrust (757) and then I just woke up almost 30 nautical miles away from the border… Way later than when I expected to descend. Thank god that there were some strong winds and turbulence, because my thrust was still on 80% (100% on the 757) when I woke up, and I was only at about 430 knots GS. I would’ve blown past the maximum 550 knots GS if there were no winds at all. 😂

Have you ever fallen asleep while flying?

24 Likes

One time on Advanced I was flying from KMIA to KTPA in a Cessna 172. When I got my my cruising altitude of 8000ft I turned on AutoNAV (Using LiveFlightConnect) and went down to get a snack. When I finished eating, I decided to take a nap :P I woke up 15 mins later noticing I was around 35nm to landing. Luckily, ATC didn’t contact me when I was gone.

8 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Well, I was like feeling my head heavy, I just deactivate the autopilot my mistake and I let my iPad, the plane fell at Tampa Bay.

7 Likes

Jared Hodge was Approach at TFFR, i felt asleep, i got 3 pls follow instructions, i slept for 30seconds

9 Likes

Yesterday at 11:00pm I fell asleep after I decided to “rest” me eyes and fell asleep ☺😂😂 went from EDW to BUR but I ended up at KNUC I will up at 11:45 to go use the washroom I realised that IF was still on so I landed at KNUC
This was the blue 1 717-200
I of course extended flaps, flight spoilers, gear, and 0% I landed 6 minutes later

1 Like

@Markus_Halvorsen ever done this?

1 Like

A week ago, Advanced server Southern California, 03:00AM. I flew a 757-200 From KLAX To KSAN ( server was busy). Once in cruise ,i putted my speed in 280 knots so I could have a “mini nap” and closed my eyes. 15 minutes later I wake up, I am of course I try to get with contact with the Tower. Once lined up,
I was number 1 and I was cleared. Had to go around 3 times because of people that didn’t extend the downwind. I diverted to KPSP ( delayed 30 minutes) and i’ve got a extra 8 minute flight. ( I was supposed to arrive at 03:47AM, With the delas I landed at 04:15AM) Once in contact to the tower, i’ve got cleared to land ( My land was horrible and I bounced 3 times) and then I parked. What a crazy experience!

7 Likes

A while ago I was flying big loop around the Paris region during an event and I fell asleep at cruise altitude. I was awaken by the stalling noises and I was diving because I was past the border. Luckily I quit before hitting 10,000 feet so I didn’t get a violation. I then went back to sleep :) This was all on advanced.

6 Likes

One time I was so tired I kept dozing off while on final approach, and crashed on landing

10 Likes

Maybe we should ask @Aernout about this.

3 Likes

In real life, that’s what the copilot is for. The lazy pilot who deicdes to snooze on a transpacific flight from KLAX to Beijing. Lol I don’t know Beijing’s ICAO.

1 Like

This brings a good point…anyone else going to takeoff an F-22 from KLAX going west at full speed, then fall asleep for the night? With Global Flight of course…

2 Likes

There isn’t autopilot in the F-22, so unless you steady your device in a certain position, you’re toast.

2 Likes

Lol, I don’t have it, was just hoping…pretty sure it has it IRL.

1 Like

Stay on topic guys. 😅

4 Likes

I might plug in my device go to cruising altitude, steady my speed, fly from KDEN to LFPG fpin a 777-200ER (Air France) and fly , put in in window view, fall asleep, wake up tomorrow morning just contacting Paris Centre Control

4 Likes

Nope. I have never fallen asleep while flying.

1 Like

lol so funny. i will probably fall asleep on global flight tho

3 Likes

Yup 1 time i was in paris on Advance with 767 @ FL250, with the sound of plane crash i got up & see that i’ve crashedit was at 1:30 AM in night

1 Like