Event troubles

Sorry about that. Until this is looked at, we can only assume there is some sort of issue local to you and the other people who experience this. I’d go ahead and try the following steps (in no particular order):

• Clear your browser cache
  • Log out and log back in
  • Copy and paste your event info somewhere
    • Delete your current thread draft
    • Create a new topic and paste everything back in
    • Try again from there

Something that’s curious: the error message says “event name length” which makes me wonder if maybe a character limit was in fact set. The wording doesn’t sound like something the system could create by itself. If you are still unable to create the topic, it’s probably best to wait for a staff member who will be able to look at the character limit settings.

1 Like

Funnily enough, I have done literally everything you said just then lol

2 Likes

I’m stumped in that case. It’s an interesting one, especially since many #live:events have 30+ characters in their titles.

1 Like

Ah, got it! @CMR

The error isn’t for the title length, it’s for the event you must have created using the gear icon. Check that title, I’m guessing you either forgot to add one or it’s under/over limits.

1 Like

What do you mean?

1 Like

Did you try creating one of these?

1 Like

Yeah. I Did

1 Like

Alright, well for each event you create like that, it seems you must include a 5-30 character “event name.” Check to see if you have done that. If not, edit it and try reposting,

1 Like

Same thing again

1 Like

@lucaviness Any other ideas?

1 Like

Wohooo it worked! Had to remove the calendar thing 19JAN22 / 1200Z - Dangerous APP@MTHG

2 Likes

Great! Hope you enjoy the event. :)

Feel free to see if you can add it back now that it’s posted.

1 Like

Hiya! I experienced this issue as well; you don’t need to remove the calendar feature from the event but rather, just make sure it is shorter than 30 and larger than 5 (characters). I feel that the calendar feature is very useful to keep your attendee list organized along with other helpful things. Hope this helps!
Daniel

Edit: I see that you have it added on your event, cheers to a great event!

1 Like

Thanks for helping out, everyone!