Event troubles

Hi, when I was making an event today (I am TL2) after I completed it, a box popped up that said the event title needs to be between 5-30 characters (which it was) any ideas on how to fix it?

1 Like

Wait let me try

1 Like

Seems fine to me, Can you re write the title?

1 Like

just try make box on excel after that ctrl + A to select all and ctrl + C to copy the box

2 Likes

I’ve tried many times

1 Like

I’m on an iPad lol

1 Like

Let’s leave it to the Moderators or Regulars

1 Like

i mean can you download microsoft excel on the ipad

2 Likes

What are you talking about?

@CMR, it seems like this might be a Discourse bug as a few users have inadvertently experienced it today. I’ll look into it and pass it on to the appropriate people if need be. Thanks!

2 Likes

Tried again, did not work

1 Like

Would you mind uploading a screenshot of the page when you get the error? I have one from someone earlier in the day, but another would be great. Make sure your title, category, and tag options are present in the screenshot.

2 Likes

1 Like

Just to eliminate a few possibilities, can you try removing each tag before creating the topic? Remove #atc-needed, test it. Add that tag back, remove the #us tag. Add that tag back, remove the #training tag. Let me know how that goes.

1 Like

Scratch that, I was able to post with your exact title and tag options:

1 Like

I tried, didn’t work

1 Like

This is a random thought. But maybe shut down and restart your iPad and see if that helps.

I don’t want to assume, but have you closed out of the tab and re-entered it?

1 Like

im so sorry

1 Like

I have tried both, both failed

1 Like

See if you can bypass the character requirement by using the following title:

19JAN22 / 1200Z - Dangerous @ MHTG

If that works, you should be able to edit the title from there. This is most probably a bug since there should not, to my knowledge, be a 30 character title limit. See how that goes.

1 Like

Did not work

1 Like