Event reminder Home page of IF

Hi I would like request the feature back of having the event and news reminder back on the home page of IF. This was super helpful to remind pilots of upcoming events and news. Since the update it had been removed, and I feel like some events havent been getting a lot of attention. If this feature returns I would find it super helpful probably along with other pilots to remind them of upcoming events.

You could also see the events on the community as well.

Im all for this!

Maybe have a tab that says “Calendar” and you can just mark stuff (As I dont want to do it myself sometimes)

5 Likes

Hmmmmm…
What about for those who aren’t able to access the community?
Another thing is that the event menu was tied to the calendar(well on iOS) so it was easy to pin an event on your device’s calendar.

2 Likes

100% for this, help keep track of upcoming events easier. Plus on the community it doesn’t give the option to add events.

1 Like

I don’t really think you need an account to access the community.

Its also tied to android, I used it to pin events to my calendar

1 Like

Meh. Someone who is new to Infinite Flight would least care about accessing the community. It would be still easy for them to access the FNFs and Turbulent Tuesday’s.

2 Likes

True…I am still with you but I just think that people could see the events on the community page as well. I guess the moderators don’t want to overload their servers or something.

2 Likes

With this feature it can and will make pilots lifes easier and less time consuming.

I’m all for this! Since the update, us event creators have been struggling to fill up our spots!

3 Likes

Do we need to vote for that? Why has it been removed :-(

1 Like

I don’t get the point of this. This is the exact reason why copy and paste into notes exist.

I think there may be another reason for that like perhaps everyone is doing his favourite long hauls and once events are posted they are already in flight :/

We really need this back, it helped me remember others events and others remember my events. It also really connected the sim with the community. I don’t understand why they removed it in the first place.

2 Likes

Totally worth one of my votes (click). I really miss this feature too. I’m always on here looking at events, but I forget later when I actually get on IF. Or I hate when you miss an event that you’ve been anticipating over the course of a few days. I definitely think it would bring more support to events and raise awareness of the great IF community to newcomers.

2 Likes

How many votes do we need for it to be reinstated, or atleast considered? (I’m still relatively new to this whole IFC thing 😂)

1 Like

Yes I was surprised this page was removed it was very useful to see what events where upcoming and advertised to -people who are not members of the `iFC of events including FNF and other news events. Bring it back please! :-)

1 Like