I’ve seen enough topics regarding ideas for events, so I’ll make one myself to be part of them. 🙄 (That’s me, getting involved whilst being a pain, I know… And likes to be sarcastic to everything…)
Anyway, I like planning, literally, from just looking at Flightradar24 and making databases of flights I wan to do, to just looking at stations I’ll pass when I go on a train to Birmingham…
Back on whatever topic this is… Oh yes! So over the course of how many months, I want to get more into the world of hosting events. I will most likely host them on a saturday between 1900Z and 2300Z (Or more suited to the in-game day-time).
I ideally want to host a couple events at Class Bravo (basically relatively large International) airports across all the continents except Antarctica, so we can explore the world and the liveries that has been brought to us by the developers (thanks for all you’ve done! 👋).
I got inspired by the recent ATC schedule based on anywhere in the world, I got to explore some fabulous and unique places which I’ll definitely return to, of which some I have already!
If you can give me some airport ICAO’s that you’d like to see have some traffic in, then please be more than welcome to leave your answers down below! This can be from your home airport to one somewhere in China! I’ll most likely ask this to be closed once I think I have some good answers and enough data to start working on, or if it gets completely off-topic (please don’t do that!)
I ask if you can just meet the airport/s you’d like to see with these requirements below (I feel too demanding here 😅):
- Offer 5+ International routes.
- Offer 10+ regional routes.
- Offers some cargo gates/aprons.
- Has an area dedicated to GA (can be just Jets)
- It’s entirely up to you, I’ll probably get around 10-15 ideas and decide which ones to keep, or disregard. These tags are more for personal reference.
For those wondering how I make events, I use 2 devices, one on Flightradar24 and Google, and the other one on Infinite Flight. I make it in stages, going like this:
0. Not started yet.
- Researching; (I begin researching airport details, airlines, routes, and charts.)
- Writing; (I write down the gates and plan them out to what route.)
- Typing; (I type it up with the event details on the IFC in a PM.)
- Reviewing. (I add some close friends here on the IFC, that let me know of any obvious mistakes, or advice. The events will also be reviewed by the member who requested the airport before posting. Also a time amd date is organized.)
- Public! (The event goes public and starts recruiting.)
EBBR Brussels (@Captain_George_IF) Stage 2, theres a LOAD of spare gates even with all the flights. I’m doing my best to fill them in.
LIRF Rome (@Tsumia) Stage 2
LOWW Vienna (@infiniteflight_schoo) Stage 0
KMSP Minneapolis (@Aceorbit, delaying this flyout for some time due to recent IFATC activity) Stage 0
YBBN Brisbane (@TimR) Stage 0
VVTS Ho Chi Minh City (@TaipeiGuru) Stage 0
LIMC Milan (@Aero) Stage 0
EGBB (@Zak_Plant) Stage 0
VVNB Hanoi (@Captain_JR) Stage 0
EDDL Dusseldorf (@sebi-ue) Stage 0
The smaller flyouts list:
LYBE Belgrade (@BravoCharlie) Stage 0
TJSJ Juan Airport (@PilotDog) Stage 0
- NZWN Wellington (@Sashaz55) Stage 0
I’m trying to get them all to Stage 1 at the moment 😃. I just became IFATC on Nov 1st so I’m playing around with that a bit first 😉