Eva Air 787-9?

I was looking Eztoy’s and came across a photo of an EVA 787-9. As far as I know, EVA hasn’t received and 787’s yet. This is also the only real life photo of an EVA 787 on the internet. I’ve heard that EVA will lease 787-9’s from Air Lease Corporations but that was a long time ago. Is this real or fake?

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/Boeing/787/B-EVA-Airways/Zndjfe6Z

It’s real. Apparently EVA has leased Four.

"Air Lease Corporation (ALC) (Los Angeles) has announced long term lease agreements with EVA Air (Taipei) for four new Boeing 787-9s and two new Boeing 787-10s. These aircraft are from ALC’s Dreamliner order book with Boeing and will deliver from mid-2018 through early 2020. These placements will bring the number of new Boeing widebody aircraft that EVA Air will lease from ALC to ten, including four Boeing 777-300ERs already contracted."- World Airline News.

1 Like

Wonder how eztoys got the first photo on the internet lol

1 Like

I’d say it was a night time-drive by-Zoom in shot. But nonetheless it still looks great. It also appears to be a special livery commemorating the Dreamliner. (Judging from the 787 decal on the fuselage.)

1 Like

Yea. Im guessing all the 787’s will have that decal

I was onboard Evaair’s first 787-9 commercial flight from Taipei to Hong Kong.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.