EVA 777 Followed The Wrong Taxiway Before Hitting A Pole.

On the 2nd December 2017 an EVA Air 777 struck a Lighting Pole After taking a wrong taxiway at Toronto to depart heading for Taipei, The Transport Safety Board of Canada is Investigating into this incident.

Transportation Safety Board of Canada says the aircraft had been cleared to taxi to runway 33R after de-icing, via taxiways V, E and D.

While passing through a pad on the airport’s main de-icing facility, the 777 followed the southern taxi line marked ‘1S’ rather than the central line ‘1C’. The two are parallel and separated by around 30m.

As a result the aircraft’s right wing struck two light poles, one of which broke off at its base and fell.

The 777 (B-16718) sustained substantial damage to the leading edge of its wing and outboard slats.

No fuel leak or fire occurred and none of the 240 passengers and 22 crew members was injured.

Credits to: Flight Global.

8 Likes

Do you have a link to this source? Or a couple of pictures?

4 Likes

No, sorry mate, I did it on a Hotel PC and I lost all the links…

And as Max Said… Google is your Friend.

1 Like

Would this be it?

6 Likes

It may be my friend but in a thread you should add a source so we don’t have to search it up.

2 Likes

I think it is…

Again sorry for no Pictures…

2 Likes

Hey! I don’t Recall there being any requirements for this… Chill…

I didn’t have to Make this Topic in the first place, but i decided to, hopefully to give you a little Information, maybe appreciate it and don’t criticise me?

They isn’t. But it is just informative for it to be their. Incas4 you may ave missed any info.

That’s all.

Hmm, this incident reminds me of close-call of one of EVA’s Boeing 777 in Los Angeles several months ago. I think EVA Air should do an evaluation and hopefully better training for the crews (Especially in terms of Pilot’s awareness) hopefully after these 2 incidents. So hopefully these incidents can be avoided in the future 😊

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.