Eurofighter Typhoon

Picture Source

My Opinion

In my opinion the Eurofighter would make a great addition to the IF fleet because it would be the first non US military aircraft. Furthermore it is incredible maneuverable as well as fast and versatile. Also it would be the first aircraft with a delta wing and canards. Last but not least it’s definitely one of the best jetfighters of our time!

Description of the manufacturer

Eurofighter Typhoon delivers an enviable level of flexibility and efficiency. Only Eurofighter Typhoon possesses both adequate weapon availability (up to 6 bombs whilst also carrying six missiles, a cannon and a targeting pod) and sufficient processing power to simultaneously support missile in-flight updates and bomb in-flight targeting. True swing-role capability.

The aircraft is designed to be upgraded and extended in order to provide decades of effective use. Combining a proven, agile airframe built from stealth materials with the latest sensor, control and weapons systems delivers optimum combat capability – both beyond visual range (BVR) and in close combat.

The weapons systems, navigation technologies and control infrastructure are all designed to be upgraded, to continue to enhance the overall performance of the aircraft.

~For all of you who do want to know more click here!~

Specifications

Performance
  • Maximum speed:
    At altitude: Mach 2 class (2,495 km/h or 1,550 mph at 10,975m altitude)
    At sea level: Mach 1.25 (1,530 km/h or 950 mph)
    Supercruise: Mach 1.5
  • Range: 2,900 km (1,800 mi)
  • Combat radius:
    (with 3 external 1,000 l tanks)
    Ground attack, lo-lo-lo: 601 km (325 nmi)
    Ground attack, hi-lo-hi: 1,389 km (750 nmi)
    Air defence with 3-hr combat air patrol: 185 km (100 nmi)
    Air defence with 10-min. loiter: 1,389 km (750 nmi)
  • Ferry range: >3,790 km (2,350 mi with 3 drop tanks)
  • Service ceiling: 19,812 m (65,000 ft)
  • Rate of climb: >318 m/s (62,600 ft/min)
  • Wing loading: 312 kg/m²[415] (63.9 lb/ft²)
  • Thrust/weight: 1.15 (interceptor configuration)
  • Maximum g-load: +9/−3 g
  • Brakes-off to Take-off acceleration: <8 sec
  • Brakes-off to supersonic acceleration: <30 s
  • Brakes-off to Mach 1.6 at 11,000 m (36,000 ft): <150 s
General characteristics
  • Crew: 1 (operational aircraft) or 2 (training aircraft)
  • Length: 15.96 m (52.4 ft)
  • Wingspan: 10.95 m (35.9 ft)
  • Height: 5.28 m (17.3 ft)
  • Wing area: 51.2 m² (551 sq ft)
  • Empty weight: 11,000 kg (24,000 lb)
  • Loaded weight: 16,000 kg (35,270 lb)
  • Max. takeoff weight: 23,500 kg (51,800 lb)
  • Fuel capacity: 5,000 kg (11,020 lb) internal
  • Powerplant: 2 × Eurojet EJ200 afterburning turbofan
    Dry thrust: 60 kN (13,500 lbf) each
    Thrust with afterburner: >90 kN (20,230 lbf) each
Armament
  • Guns: 1 × 27 mm Mauser BK-27 revolver cannon with 150 rounds
  • Hardpoints: Total of 13: 8 × under-wing; and 5 × under-fuselage pylon stations; holding in excess of 9,000 kg (19,800 lb) of payload
    Typical multi-role configuration for a Tranche 2-P1E would be 4×AMRAAM, 2×ASRAAM/IRIS-T, 4×EGBU-16/Paveway-IV, 2×1000-litre supersonic fuel tanks and a targeting pod.
  • Air-to-air missiles:
    AIM-120 AMRAAM (AIM-120C-5/7 planned for P2E)
    AIM-132 ASRAAM
    AIM-9 Sidewinder
    IRIS-T
    MBDA Meteor
  • Air-to-surface missiles:
    AGM-65 Maverick
    AGM-88 HARM
    Brimstone
    Taurus KEPD 350
    Storm Shadow/Scalp EG
    SPEAR 3 (planned)
    MBDA Marte ER anti-ship missile
    Joint Strike Missile (planned)
  • Bombs:
    Paveway II/III/Enhanced Paveway series of laser-guided bombs (LGBs)
    500lb Paveway IV
    Small Diameter Bomb (planned for P2E)
    Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM), in the future
    HOPE/HOSBO, in the future
  • Others:
    Damocles (targeting pod)
    LITENING III laser targeting pod
    Sniper Advanced Targeting Pod
    Up to 3 drop tanks for ferry flight or extended range/loitering time

Operators / Possible Liveries

Variants

The Eurofighter is produced in single-seat and twin-seat variants. The twin-seat variant is not used operationally, but only for training, though it is combat capable. The aircraft has been manufactured in three major standards; seven Development Aircraft (DA), seven production standard Instrumented Production Aircraft (IPA) for further system development and a continuing number of Series Production Aircraft. The production aircraft are now operational with the partner nation's air forces.

The Tranche 1 aircraft were produced from 2000 onwards. Aircraft capabilities are being increased incrementally, with each software upgrade resulting in a different standard, known as blocks. With the introduction of the block 5 standard, the R2 retrofit programme began to bring all Tranche 1 aircraft to that standard.
Source

Features that should be added

~Bonus Video~

Voted. As I mentioned in the old request, I think that this would look great in IF and would certainly add some diversity to the fast jet fleet. Very well written request as usual.

Yes you are absolutely correct. The Eurofighter would be the first non US military aircraft in IF. Then there would only a russian one be missing.

Thank you very much! You can believe how much I do appreciate it if people like my work!😄

Great, we need more fighter diversity. Canards are cool. Lol. Only thing is I seem to have run out of votes. How do I manage them on mobile? I couldn’t seem to find it in my profile.

Yeah I do like canards as well! Just imagine looking outside the cockpit and see how they are working during turns or even just to keep the Eurofighter straight in bad weather conditions!

I did send you a PM with a link to your votes.

Funfact: After a 1,400 hour flight simulation, the Eurojet engine produces the same operating performance as a brand new engine.

Source

Another air superiority fighter and multi-role AC. This would be a great compliment to the fighter inventory and would appeal to multiple nations as this fighter services in real life. Great request. Voted and bump.

This would be a great addition to IF and it’ll add some dirversity but in overall this plane really would look fantastic with 4K textures in game oh and we need afterburners like it’s like a cake with no icing come on

Image source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pinterest.com/amp/pin/565201821966617767/?source=images

Nice request for those daredevils! I will see if I can remove a vote to vote for your request!

Really worth voting for!

Especially with the effort you put in to the thread!

Another great fighter that would be amazing to add to the hanger!

Just found another nice livery wich they do use at the german squadron who are called bavariantigers.

Source

Thats their old tiger livery.

Source

Voted right now!!!..wait I can’t vote a second time?! fiddle sticks.

This would be such a cool aircraft for FDS to model. It would be first flight model with elevator physic in the front do to the canards. I’m sure it would have some interesting flight characteristic and tons of power to play which. I would bring some nice diversity to the fighter fleet of IF.

I so love the original Germany Liveries posted, but I also like the new ones you just put up.

The United Kingdom Livery is a must. I can see a IF Heritage Event with Typhoons and Spitfires. Glorious!!

Now that is a fantastic sight! And both painted the same!

I would definitely not be against it but the spitfire should get a rework first! Maybe combined with the addition of a BF109 or FW109.
And then classic and modern British&German fighters fly together. 😄

I wonder if we could find enough skilled IF pilots to do such a formation Flight!😂😅

Here is one Typhoon of every RAF Eurofighter squadron!

Source

I think I’m in love with that 100th anniversary (black n silver) livery. Can we add that one to the list?

Sure am I right guessing it’s the British Royal airforce?

Yes, that’s an RAF Typhoon. No.11 Squadron based at Coningsby.

Ok i‘ll Add it to the list.

Dang!! David, you know your stuff. I was searching to find out which Squadron too. Thanks for confirming!

@Capt_D_Brown Ok changed it now. I did write 100th anniversary livery No. 1/2. I hope that’s ok because otherwise it might got a bit long if I would have added the correct squadron and where their homebase is for each of those liveries.😊😅