Eugene's ATC Tracking Thread [CLOSED] (PASSED PRACTICAL!)

Thanks for joining in, @lurker!

1 Like

@RayWang thanks for joining in mate!

1 Like

Wow Very nice job!Keep going like that!You well do good! One thing you don’t need to call my base,If aircraft doesn’t Keep a good distance You just need let’s they go around in the final.

1 Like

I’ll be open for 10 more minutes because @DaniCP just spawned in ;)
Thanks for joining me!

1 Like

Cool! Thanks for the feedback, definitely enjoyed your touch-and-goes!

1 Like

After that though, when you could have called base and it would have helped out is when I made one of my last patterns and you told the plane n889vh requesting takeoff 26R to hold short. You could have told me you would call my base so he could take off.

Excellent job though!

1 Like

Well you know what guys–I’ll stay online for another 30 mins since a couple guys just popped in :)
Thanks for making me staying a little more late, @Jersey_Paul and @StupidZac!

1 Like

Yeah I was about to do it, but the thinking itself already ate the time to give him the chance to take off…

CYVR is now CLOSED

Thanks to all of you who participated! I definitely had fun controlling y’all!
See you in the next session ;)

2 Likes

Thank you as always :) you’re definitely well on your way :)

1 Like

Hi mate. I was E438.

Very good job, your skills are impressive.

Just only 1 point to clarify:

• I requested 2 times to change runway, your pattern instruccion was perfect, but you forgot to say on the 1st. clearance “make left / right traffic”.

20190310_034041

Remember to say this only in the 1st. takeoff or new pattern instruccion.

Besides that, awesome job!! :)

2 Likes

Hi Eugene
Very good, pattern entries, sequencing, clearance all good, just a few minor points:

• The frequency change for the departing aircraft, was perhaps abit too quick, they had literally just lifted off.

• I didn’t get a frequency change after the departure was approved.

• At the end, I called inbound for landing, and you cleared me for the option.
    Paul
    JE007

1 Like

Yeah! Hahaha I realized this mistake when I was about to give you “clearance for the option” on your 2nd touch-and-go at 26R. I was like, “wait… have I given him ‘make left traffic’…? whoops…” 😂

1 Like

Oh okay–how far after they lifted off should I give that command?

Another thing I didn’t know! Thanks for pointing this out!

I realized this too! I was thinking of sending you a “disregard last message”, but I thought “cleared for the option” also covered full-stop landing, so I decided to let it go…

Thanks for your feedback, loved it!

2 Likes

I’d let them get through the critical part of the initial climb first, I usually issue it after 1500 agl, or if they are climbing slowly, when they are a mile or two out.

1 Like

Good example where I would suggest to use ‘Correction, standby’; and then issue landing clearance 😊

2 Likes

WIII is now OPEN, will be live-streamed on YouTube!

after a painful two-and-a-half weeks without a single ATC tracking thread!
Second midterm exams are finally over! Well I still have a couple research papers due this coming Tuesday but I need a break from studying. Oh and I should mention that final exams are not far from the corner: all of them scheduled for April 8-12 inclusive. After those are over, I will be set to my liberation for Infinite Flight!

Today’s ATC session takes you to the capital city of my homecountry!

As always, pattern works are very much appreciated. Try to make me “work” by changing runways, too ;)

Open length: 2019-03-30T17:40:00Z2019-03-30T18:45:00Z
Freq: Ground, Tower
Current operations count: 1,257

Your presence is so much appreciated! Thanks!

1 Like

Still open for another hour folks! Feel free to join!

I still have another 45 minutes to kill! Jump over here guys!

1 Like

Thanks for hopping in, @anon93126106! First visitor after an hour, at last…
And thanks to the second visitor: @DaniCP! Glad you made it here, mate!

1 Like