Etihad Airways (Arabic شركة الاتحاد للطيران sharikat alittiḥād liṭṭayarān) is a flag carrier and the second-largest airline of the United Arab Emirates (after Emirates). Its head office is in Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi, near Abu Dhabi International Airport. Etihad commenced operations in November 2003.
The airline operates more than 1,000 flights per week to over 120 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas, with a fleet of 116 Airbus and Boeing aircraft as of February 2018.
Delivery and First Flight
Etihad finally received their first 787-9 (registered as A6-BLA) on 16 December 2014
Dusseldorf was the first city to be served by Etihad’s 787-9 on 01 February 2015 before eventually launched Washington DC and Mumbai routes on 01 March 2015 and 02 March 2015 respectively. These 787-9s were supposed to start flying by 27 December 2014 on Dusseldorf route, but later being cancelled and delayed further to February
Currently, Etihad has 20 787-9s in service alongside another 22 787-9s in order.
Quoted from Etihad Airways page
We call our livery ‘The Facets of Abu Dhabi’, reflecting a place with a tradition of exceptional hospitality, remarkable experiences and a boundless vision for the future. This is the place that inspires our product innovations and service values. This is the place that we are proud to call ‘home’.
Our livery is inspired by the culture and sights of Abu Dhabi. It brings together the geometric shapes and patterns inherent in Islamic design that are found across Abu Dhabi’s architecture, and the colour palette of our United Arab Emirates desert landscape - from the darker sands of Liwa to the lighter colours of the Northern Emirates.
Courtesy of A6-BLB’s Airfleets.net page
- A6-BLB is also known as MSN39647 and LN253
- A6-BLB had it’s first flight on 10 February 2015
- The plane age is 3.4 years as of July 2018
- A6-BLB is Etihad’s second 787-9 to enter service
- The plane is configured with 28 Business Class seats (arranged in 1-2-1 seating) and 271 Economy Class seats (arranged in 3-3-3 seating)
- A6-BLB is fitted with 2 Rolls Royce Trent 1000 engines
- Delivered new to Etihad Airways on 28 February 2015
The reason why I requested this particular livery is because of how popular this livery in Etihad’s network. This 787-9 alongside A330-200 variant are commonly used on Etihad’s routes with lower yield. In the future, these 44 787-9s will be very common to see in Abu Dhabi’s airport and therefore making Etihad as one of the biggest operators of 787-9 type (After American Airlines and ANA) and the biggest fleet type in Etihad Airways’ fleet
The presence of this 787-9 would complement and adds diversity to existing Etihad liveries in Infinite Flight alongside A321-200, 777-300ER, 777-200F, and 787-10 (Which is expected to enter service in the near future).
I made it as a wiki so this request can always be updated following new guidelines of #features that could change sometime in the future, also to further update this thread from time to time
- @Balloonchaser for my inspiration on writing a formatted request
- @anon88794458 for allowing me to rewrite a new thread
- @ItsPerses for writing the old request of Etihad Airways’ 787-9
- Pinata logo courtesy to Pinata Media
- QuestionMark courtesy to Wikimedia
- A6-BLB shot courtesy to Maurice Mühl
Important Note :
Every vote will be very meaningful for the addition of this livery. We do always appreciate if you want to leave one for this gorgeous livery. Also don’t forget to leave feedback of this format if you have any :)