ETE to Dest

When I’ve started flight and looked at the ete to my destination it keeps saying a certain amount of minutes and fuel in red or orange at the bottom. Does anyone know what that means?

1 Like

You’re low on fuel maybe?

You might not have enough fuel to reach your destination in the case of orange and you don’t have enough fuel to reach your destination in the case of red. Time to divert.

3 Likes

That happens after takeoff even when I have max fuel

That’s because when you climb towards cruise, you have the highest fuel flow.

3 Likes

Do you mind explaining that a bit more please?

You’re nose is pointing up and you’re as heavy as you’ll ever be. Pretty simple :)

4 Likes

When you are in FL cruise it should go back to white if you calculated the correct fuel block

1 Like

Once you get to cruising altitude and level off it should clear the warning assuming you have enough fuel in the first place.

Also, don’t take off at 100% and don’t have a high rate of ascent as it will burn the most fuel.

1 Like

If I recall correctly, this is how it goes:

• If the ETE is red, you have <30 minutes of fuel remaining once you reach your destination.
  • If the ETE is orange, you have <45 minutes of fuel remaining once you reach your destination.
7 Likes

Ok, thank you Henrik

1 Like

That helps, thank you

2 Likes

Yeah, when on climbout your speed is much lower so it estimates you’ll be flying the flight at that speed. But then you reach cruise and speed up, it most likely shouldn’t go red :) (If you’ve filled up enough )

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.