Estimating flight time

Hello. I have been flying in IF for a couple of years now. One thing has always stumped me. What is the best way to calculate the flight time of a route and the amount of fuel now. Thank you to anyone who replies!!! Appreciate it.

4 Likes

I use FPLtoIF for all of my flight plans. It will give you all the flight time and fuel calculations you need!

5 Likes

Don’t forget it will give you approach and departure routes

2 Likes

Like @Captain_Finck said, Fpltoif is a great resource. It is pretty straight forward to use, and I find that the flight time and fuel predictions are spot on.

1 Like

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Rough estimate: Distance ÷ Estimate Ground Speed
Precise estimate: Flight Planners (Skyvector, SimBrief)

I use FPLTOIF like @Captain_Finck linked, but if you need a reallly rough estimate, 500NM = Just over 1 hour

1 Like

i use a mix of fpltoif.com and looking at real world data recordings of flights such as flightaware.com and flightradar24.com.
Another good source of rough estimated flight times is flightmapper.net.

Then again i fly basically only realistic routes unless flying privy then i only use fpltoif.com.

Hope this helps

V/R

Scott Paddon

Just use the bottom info! ETE to dest and fuel remaining!

I’ve had troubles with flight planning too and this helps a LOT. Thanks!

1 Like

No problem, I’m glad it helps!

You could also do what I do: fly realistic commercially scheduled flights only. In addition to Simbrief/FPL2IF, you could utilize FR24, FlightAware, FlightMapper and other tracking services to find the estimated flight time

this is what i use as well. always reliable.

1 Like

Fpltoif.com is the best

1 Like

It is the best

I’ve always used the general rule of thumb.
15min climb + 450kts average GS + 20min descent = average flight time upon touch down.
I’m usually correct within 5min, give or take a few.
It’s unconventional but it works for me 🤷‍♂️

I am pretty sure the game calculates it for you.

It does, but it is often off, especially during climb.