Estimated Flying Time

How do I see the estimated flying time for my route? This especially if I see that the fuel is good enough for 4 hours so I want my flying time to be less than that based on current conditions.

1 Like

You can find your estimated ETE on the menu bar, look for ETE to DEST

4 Likes

The EFT is one of the options in the bottom menu bar, press and hold and option and adjust as you would if you were changing your views.

2 Likes

I do see that however, that updates only once the flight has begun,post which I cannot make any fuel changes. I see it’s blank when the FPL is set and aircraft is in parking bay

1 Like

The only option you have is to look at the “estimated flight time” in the fuel and weights menu, when parked with the brakes on. Remember to add a bit more fuel if you’re cruising at a fast speed or through headwinds.

2 Likes

You cannot see the estimated flying time while on the ground. If you are flying an actual route, you most likely got this route off of some sort of flight planner online. These flight planners will give you an Estimated Time Enroute. You can use this time to determine how much fuel you need to plan for.

Another option which might be a bit more complex is to divide your total distance which is given in your flightplan and divide it by the groundspeed you expect to be flying. Example: 6200nm route / 550kts GS = 11.27hrs. or 11hrs. 16mins. The groundspeed will change based on winds, but I find that using a very general number between 480-550kts GS will get you within range of the airport.

1 Like

It’s like a car’s gps, it doesn’t know speed limits, or in this case, It doesn’t know your cruising speed.

1 Like

ETE just gives your estimated arrival time based on your current groundspeed. So as winds change or you slow down your IAS your ETE will change as well.

1 Like

If you don’t want to do calculations, jump in Google, some websites make it for you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.