my name’s John and I’m the developer of In-Flight Assistant (third-party soundscape app to make your flights more realistic) and of In-Flight Instruments (third-party instrument panel for your IF flights).
As promised in those threads, I’ve decided to leave the direction of my next development steps (more or less) up to you all. I asked you for your thoughts and nearly 60 of you sent in loads of ideas and requests - thanks so much!
So here is a list of some of the most requested things you all sent in (that I think I could want to do 🤓), together with a VERY rough estimate how long I’d take to get it done:
Everyone can vote for what you’d like me to do next, and once we have a decision, I’ll get to it! You can vote for up to three options!
- PA: New Flight Attendant Voice (MEDIUM)
- PA: Welcome at Startup, Safety Briefing at Engine Start (SHORT)
- PA: Make Louder when muffled (SHORT)
- PA: Make “soft landing applause” difficulty a setting (SHORT)
- Co-pilot: Add 28° flaps confirmation (SHORT)
- Co-pilot: Add Engine Startup Confirmation (MEDIUM)
- Co-pilot: Random remarks during long flights (MEDIUM)
- IF-I: Add Jet Throttle (MEDIUM)
- IF-I: Flaps Lever (MEDIUM)
- IF-I: MCP (Autopilot) Panel (MEDIUM)
- IF-I: Engine Panel (MEDIUM)
- IF-I: Lights Panel (MEDIUM)
- IF-I: VOR DME (MEDIUM)
- GPWS: Buzz at 1000ft / when AP altitude reached (SHORT)
- GPWS: Modern “RETARD RETARD” sound (SHORT)
- GPWS: Configuration Warnings during Takeoff/Landing (MEDIUM)
- GPWS: Boeing/Airbus V1 callout (MEDIUM)
- New Reminder System for Long Flights (e.g. notify when xx miles from TOD) (MEDIUM/LONG)
- Emergency Situations / Adventures (LONG)
- iPhone X head tracking for first-person camera looking by moving your head (MEDIUM/LONG)
I will be leaving this up for about a week, so please let anyone you know who might be interested know about this! Excited to see what you all choose first! If this works out, I may just rinse and repeat this whole process. 😁
As always, huge thanks again to the IF community and to FDS and Laura particularly for the awesome support and the API which makes all of this possible!
Also as always, let me know if I forgot anything important or if something isn’t clear!