Entrainement d’Acheminement

Hello, IFC!

I’m French.
That means that if you were to take a 1/500,000 map of France and were to point at a random point on it, there would be a very small chance of me being there because France is big.

Anyways…

I like aviation. I really like French aviation. I like it so much I’m about to pass the BIA which is why I am stress-making this topic.
Lessgo

Flight: Saint Cyr L’ecole - Poitiers
Aircraft: Look at it (CC19)
Server: Casual

To practice for my exam, naturally, I went to IF and practiced flying according with VFR rules in what is called “Acheminement”. (Which is essentially just following landmarks and powerlines to know where you’re going which is how French pilots get around).

I also tried to use a 1/500,000 map of NW France to get around which was very hard but I hope I’ll get better with practice…

1. The plane waiting at the ramp while the pilot tries to figure out how to fold the map back onto itself after unfolding it like a fool

1. Mere seconds after taking off, the pilot realises they forgot to bring 5 euros for landing fees

1. Sunrise time

2. Flying over Mantes-La-Jolie and the factory with chimneys so tall the terrain rises in the sim as well. This factory is often used as a visual point for pilots leaving the Paris area because of how big the chimneys are.

3. Following the A13

4. …butter in Poitiers after almost landing at the wrong airport because I was following the wrong powerline installation.

Thank you for reading… or scrolling through as fast as possible to have one less digit in your [NEW] category.

Bye!

Also if anyone has any tips on how to straighten a protractor on a map that’d be cool 💀

27 Likes

The tittle should be “How French Robertine flies”

Nice Photos, especially the last one.

3 Likes

Number two looks like a model xcub. Looks like its on a stand

1 Like

Superbe article! Ça fait plaisir de voir des francophones sur IF!

2 Likes

Merci!

Je suis d’accord… on n’est pas hyper nombreux 😬

3 Likes

Le IFC.

5 Likes

Oui oui < Wii Wii

3 Likes

Great pictures!

1 Like

I truly despise that image from the bottom of my heart

2 Likes