Engines On 777-200 won't start

Hi! When I was flying yesterday with the 777-200ER I notices that you couldn’t start the engines right after you spawn in. I even did my flight planning and pushed back but it wouldn’t start so I just used auto start. If it is related to the APU I had it on for the whole time I was parked and pushing back. Later on When I landed at EGLL, parked, and did a new flight plan I had the APU on for the whole time and the engines started manually from the engines section on the systems. Can someone explain this? Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you have to set the APU to “start” not “on” when you spawn, then wait for maybe 10 - 20 seconds

Main battery on - APU Start - Engines on.

Follow this procedure

1 Like

Yes correct. When you input ‘start’ the APU will eventually start and it will show it’s ‘on’.

Ok!

@Fish I only tried the APU on start for a few seconds so that’s probably the reason.

@Chatta290 Thanks! I will use that the next time I fly.

@AnonymouslyAnonymous Thank you for the information!

1 Like

Also, this update significantly increased the time it takes the engines to fully reach “on” mode, at N1 = 19%. It’s a nice feature that was included for realism, but it definitely took me by suprise the first time. Make sure to wait the full amount of time before beginning your taxi.

3 Likes

If you switch APU to start it automatically turns to on after it starts
(just realised some one beat me)

1 Like

I noticed that too! I was really happy about it!

Yeap! Thank you for your response though!

1 Like

Yup, I had this initial confusion on the first day of 20.1 release as well. I forgot to turn on APU start/on, so that’s why engines didn’t turn on, so starting APU was the solution