Engine too powerful

Am I the only one who think the engine is too powerful?
I’ve compare IF with real world (it takes off earlier in the IF)

• It is too powerful
  • Nah, it’s alright
  • Just the right thrust

0 voters

2 Likes

It depends on how much thrust you add and the weight of the aircraft. I think the engine power is fine.

4 Likes

Never use 100 on a 747.

5 Likes

I try to stick around 80 or 85 unless I simulate a completely maxed out weighted aircraft then I use full power till 8000ft

2 Likes

engines don’t normally get powered up to 100 you also need to note you have to have a suitable weight for whatever flight you are doing.

3 Likes

too powerful on fighters…

you can speed up a F-22 from 0 - 300 in 3-4 seconds with 100% Throttle
and even take off with 1/4 of the runway using 30% throttle

4 Likes

Depends on the plane.

2 Likes

That’s because they’re fighter jets🙄it’s obvious they need to go fast😊

I know… 😊

I’m talking about Infinite Flight, it’s so easy to get violations with fighters

2 Likes

717 and citation are powerful too

2 Likes

The 757 is to powerful in my opinion.

Haha so true

He is very correct. If you use 85% power for your take off. It won’t be too noisy nor quiet

Bear in mind that the 757 is very powerful in real life. Airlines very rarely use full thrust, and even sometimes use things like the flex temp technique on takeoff, so unless you’re a pilot, there’s no proper way of knowing, there’s too many variables that could change things. I personally find IF pretty realistic.

IF is really realistic. They base their engine models off real world calculations. :) Engine performance is based on so many different factors, like height MSL, air pressure, temperature, winds, runway condition and so on… And you never depart with 100% N1…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.