Engine Rolling Back?

Hello everyone, after takeoff in the 777-300 I had noticed that I felt a little lopsided at first but I thought it might have just been the wind. After about a minute I checked the engines and Engine 1 was red and was at 1%. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone before?

You might have accidentally hit the engine start/shutdown button twice when starting the engines, happened to me once.

2 Likes

Or simply forgotten to turn it on like me lol
never happened to me

5 Likes

Or forgot to set fuel and ran out of it

No I’m sure I started them both.

I had enough fuel for 8 hours lol

This happened to me once as well. I wasn’t able to restart the engine, so I diverted and tried restarting on the ground. It restarted after playing with the fuel

1 Like

Are you sure it was not 8 seconds?

I’m absolutely sure lol. I had planned a KSEA-KMEM

Did you feel OK while taxiing, engine wise?

Yeah it felt fine. Smooth taxi to the holding point

I mean it can feel pretty normal till you go to takeoff or fly. That’s what happened when I took off with one engine on an A380… 😂

4 Likes

As @Aviator_Airbus suggested, maybe you accidentally pressed the button somehow?

1 Like

No, I just tried to be all realistic with the one eingen taxi, and I realized when I was at the other end of the runway only going 100kts… 😂

3 Likes

Yeah, this is probaly what happened. As soon as I pitched up I started to turn and it felt pretty sluggish.

2 Likes

There is no such thing as a 1 engine taxi in an A380 😂

1 Like

Ya, I know, I got that wrong too. This was in my eirly days of actualy trying to fly properly, before I had you guys to keep me in line…

2 Likes

Would low fuel not kill both engines?

Well at least 0kg in if, one time I may have Forgot to put required amount of fuel so when it reaches 0 it killed both engines

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.