Engine ONE!

AIR INDIA 278KF
Aircraft B777-300ER
Departure from RKSI
LANDING AT RKPC
Server EXPERT

I forgot to turn on engine 2 after taxing. I took from with only engine ,i had pressure towards right side of the aircraft i pressed hard on the rudder and took off. Aircraft speed wasn’t gaining as i expected. So didn’t pull to much higher altitude kept V/S between 1700. I didn’t still checked engine status. I maintained 4000 feet . Then started to go on through aircraft system and found i didn’t turn on engine 2 (⁠◕⁠દ⁠◕⁠). Oops…
While on way to RKPC i only had two thoughts first How marvelous is B777-300ER. It took off with engine 1 and second
MY PILOT LISENCE WILL BE SUSPENDED WHILE LANDING AT RKPC…

25 Likes

wow, super powerful engine

2 Likes

Yes it was , It was kind of miracle…

Yep that’s the GE90 for you

1 Like

lol yea
(10)

That’s actually impressive that you took off with only 1 engine… how much rudder did you have to use

It’s a bad boy

Pretty hard

1 Like

This surprised me! I always assume asymmetrical thrust is not represented in the model. But sure enough, like you, I had to use rudder (with no wind) when I tested a single engine takeoff (only after I saw your topic).

So then I tried it with an older aircraft, the 767. Also needed rudder.

I just assumed asymmetrical thrust couldn’t be felt as a result of lots of prior messing around turning off an engine during cruise.

But I tried short final on solo too - quickly shut off the right engine; next time the left. You get the yaw as the power spools down, also requiring rudder correction.

3 Likes

Indeed, I also appreciate that when adding thrust in an asymmetric condition, the yaw increases. Very fun to test on the array of aircraft in game.

2 Likes