Engine Failure on Initial Climb

Device: iPhone 13
Operating system: Latest

Hello,
Yesterday, I was flying from Madrid to Milan, on Iberia’s CRJ-1000. I rotated at about 165 MPH (143 knots), and began a slight climb out, at a less than normal climb rate than I’d usually use. I had some crosswinds on takeoff, so was trying to be extra careful. At 200 feet AGL, engine #1 went out. I tried restarting it, but the button didn’t work.

Luckily, I was able to turn back to the airport and land on one engine, but couldn’t figure out what happened. After I touched down, I checked, and had a 75% fuel load, so that wasn’t the problem. For whatever reason, the replay didn’t save. That’s been happening lately.

Any ideas what would have happened with my engine?

2 Likes

Do you happen to use Infinite Passengers or related third-party apps? Perhaps you may have turned emergencies on. If not, then it’s probably a finger slip or a glitch.

No, I don’t use any third-party apps. It was a weird glitch if thats what it was.

Looks like this issue has happened before. It seems to be a rare bug.

1 Like

Thats actually kinda cool, like a rare engine failure scenario!

7 Likes

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

Did Laura secretly add it in without telling anyone 🤣🧐🤔

2 Likes

To me it just seems like a fun role play! Maybe some bugs are meant to be there, 😉

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.