(Ended) SimCaptain's 2020 Livery Designing Contest

Welcome to @SimCaptain’s 2020 livery design contest! If you plan to make a submission, let me know in the poll below! Check out the rules and the submission guidelines! And most importantly, have fun!
(Please keep the comments on topic)

Rules
  • If you choose to design a livery for a Virtual Airline, please be sure you have permission from the VA’s owner. I don’t want to misrepresent a VA if I choose your design as a finalist.
  • You may redesign a livery for a current airline (like the Air France concept below), but please submit the name of the airline along with your design.
  • Do not submit a special livery. The livery you submit should be the primary livery for an imaginary or real airline.
  • Include a minimum of one picture and a maximum of three pictures.
  • You may draw your livery or design one using an online software. Whichever you choose does not increase or decrease your chances of winning.
  • DO NOT submit a livery that is not designed in full color.
  • The top 10 liveries submitted (By the opinions of a five person voting panel) will be chosen as semi-finalists, and will be voted on by IFC users. The top five voted on will be the finalists, and will also be voted on by IFC users.
  • There will be one week between each voting period.
  • If you have any questions concerning these or other rules, please post them in this thread’s comment section.
  • Please submit your live by 0:00Z on Monday, May 4th 2020.
How to Enter
  1. Design your livery. Please read the rules before doing so.
  2. PM a picture of your design to @SimCaptain. DO NOT post it in the comments of this thread.
  3. Look out for the thread revealing the Semi-Finalists! I will post a link to it in this thread when they semi-finalists have been chosen.
Photo Credits

Multiple tails
http://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/12/24/business/airplane-livery.html?ref=business
Air France Concept
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/19353-air-france-concept-boeing-777-200-lr/

Do you plan to enter?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

GOOD LUCK!

9 Likes

Hmmm this is really interesting and totally different than any other “competition” I’ve seen. Great concept and I’m gonna try to join :D

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

1 Like

Looks great! I’m not good at designing liveries so i’ll easily come in last if I enter. :(

1 Like

Aww, it wouldn’t hurt to try!

1 Like

Also, could I design a tail logo?

Or does it have to be a full normal logo

1 Like

Hey SimCaptain, I really like the idea of designing liveries and I used to do it myself. I’m not sure this is allowed though, there was an issue back in the day where they banned all livery design threads. Hopefully, this is allowed to stay up.

2 Likes

This is a competition not just a bunch of logos, the #screenshots-and-videos exists for a reason but people have done photos competitions

1 Like

Not sure what you mean… The tail is part of the livery…Could you elaborate please?

Thanks for your concern, hopefully this will stay up!

So like the picture you added at the top, with a bunch of tails, could I draw a tail logo?

Actually never mind, I’m sure it will be fine :)

1 Like

Okay Dokey

1 Like

@anon41771314 Hi. This exists now.

1 Like

I might enter. Can I ask what editing software you recommend and where I could get templates for the aircraft?

1 Like

This is very unique! Sadly I have class and I dont really know how to use a image software but I would love to see the outcome of this! Cant wait to see some of the submissions 😄

1 Like

There isn’t many options as far as a software. I once saw one that Boeing has one for the 747-8, But I don’t know where it is today.
Here’s a good template.
Another new livery by PIA? - History of PIA - Forum
I forgot to mention this to you @Butter_Boi

@Lufthansa2
@KGJT-9149
Did you see the part where you can draw your livery?

2 Likes

Yes but my drawing skills are worse than my computer editing skills. (And that isn’t saying much)

2 Likes

Well, this isn’t a drawing competition. Give it a try! ;D

2 Likes

Giving this a bump so more people can see it

1 Like

Thanks man!

2 Likes