End of the Security Conference Spotting Weekend | Munich, February 16, 2020

Find more pics from the 2020 Munich Security Conference from Thursday to Saturday at

I promise, this will be my last topic for this weekend!

Continuing the series that started with the topics linked above, let’s close the “SiKo” weekend with quite a lot departures after the Conference had ended and the VIPs departed back home.

When I arrived at the airport in the morning for the first departure, weather was quite bad once again so I initially tried out a new position on top of one of the long term car parks to make the best out of the weather even though the pics ended up backlit but at least they offered a nice alpine backdrop.

When the sun finally showed up again to be good enough for banking shots, I raced back to the spot I initially planned to catch a plane I had already spotted up close during WEF in Zurich - Azerbaijan’s A340-600 on the way back to Baku.

After a few more banking shots, I once again changed spots for the rest of the day to catch all the traffic, no matter if departing or arriving. After the A340 of the government had already left the evening before, Kuwait’s Gulfstream was heading home as well.

German’s will probably not believe this, but we also got a visit by a (flying!) A319 of the German Air Force to pick up some ministers and the German president to bring them back to Berlin.

Just a tiny bit smaller a Fairchild C-26D Metro of the US Navy arrived from Stuttgart for a departure back a few hours later.

While there were rumors we might see a Boeing 747 from the United Arab Emirates, we only got two of their 737s since the number of parking spots at Munich is currently very limited due to the expansion of Terminal 1.

Out of a sudden, the usual plane traffic was suddenly mixed with a helicopter. Not as usual one of the Munich based EC135s of the Bavarian police but a rescue helicopter of ADAC which had to attend a medical emergency on a plane that arrived at Terminal 2.

Even more surprising than the helicopter (at least to me), the following little trijet touched down in front of us - Iran’s Dassault Falcon.

While initially this bird was said to depart again right after landing on Friday, it actually stayed in Munich for the entire weekend before leaving for Riyadh again on Sunday - SkyPrime’s A330.

Since I really love the color scheme of Slovenia’s government fleet I was really looking forward to the departure of their Fokker 100 in the afternoon. Unfortunately, light wasn’t perfect for that one but the colorful tail still pops out!

As an avgeek, one would have probably dreamed of a much bigger plane (to say it out loud, their 747), Turkey attended the Security Conference with one of their Gulfstreams.

To close the weekend, let’s show you another highlight though. Up until last year in fall, Iraq was using a 737 in Iraqi Airways colors as their government jet. For quite a short time, the plane got repainted though and is now wearing this unique livery:

I hope you aren’t fed up with spotting topics already and liked this final post about the most important weekend in Munich’s flight schedule :)

My Equipment:

Canon EOS 80D
Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM (99% of pics)
Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS (for the 1% of the cases where I need a wide angle lens)

You can follow me on twitter and Instagram to get more shots on a daily basis. Also, keep your eyes open on Flightradar24 where you might see some of my recent shots.

Twitter

https://twitter.com/mba_muc

My spotting topics on the IFC (sorted by years since this is slowly getting endless)

Spring Spotting 1
Spring Spotting 2 with Lorenzo
Spring Spotting 3 (feat. Hekla Aurora)
August spotting with some sunrise shots
September 30 with quite some special liveries and bizjets
Spotting in Zurich on the way to Cosford
Spotting Laura and more in Birmingham
Spotting in fog with a sunny end

Special planes at Munich - Munich Security Conference feat. E-4B
Valentine’s Spotting 2019 - Civil Traffic around the Munich Security Conference
Retro Time - British Airways BEA A319
First weekend in Innsbruck - Charter Flights in the Alps
Second Innsbruck Spotting Weekend
Bringing Israeli soldiers to Munich - El Al 747
Another visit of ElAl’s queen - El Al 747
Spotting in the Morning Sun - South African Special Livery A340-300
A full day of Spotting
London Calling - Spotting at MUC and LCY on the way to London
London Heathrow Evening Spotting Before the Meetup
London Heathrow Meetup Spotting
Last Day at Heathrow: Landor, Negus and more
Government Jets and New Perspectives at Munich Airport
One Day Spotting Trip to Frankfurt Airport
Spotting Trip to Berlin
A lot of Specials at Munich
Quick after work spotting for a private A340
Another Sunny Spotting Day in Fall
Spotting with a Female closer than 5 miles, so definitely click even though she’s in none of the Pics!!!
Day and Night Shots at Munich
Deicing and more
Condor’s new colors and a big chopper
Stunning Condensations and a Royal 747
Azimuth Superjet and more for the last topic in a decade

Birthday Spotting
The Final EXPO A380
Special Cargos in the Evening
Zurich’s Airline Traffic during the WEF week
Air Force One Ramp Tour
Air Force One arriving in Zurich
Heavy Contrasts for Air Malta’s Retro Jet
First two days of SiKo - Kuwait A340, Russia Il96
Amazing Security Conference Perspectives feat. Kuwait’s A340 and more
Etihad’s Choose China Livery

TL;DR service for @dush19: Actually, I can’t be bothered to continue this any longer but: Planes, Planes, Planes.
@MrMrMan: Look, something new to quote again! You’ll end up in a burnout very soon I fear…
@Marc you’re welcome 😉

41 Likes

TC-GAP! Saw this aircraft in person before! Great shots as always moritz!

1 Like

Great pics! Did you catch the Albanian Government A319 by any chance?

1 Like

Unfortunately not really, it departed in the dark on saturday so all I got is a shot of it parked with stairs at door 1L I took across the runway on saturday.

1 Like

That A340 bank shot is just incredible!

Nice shots!
FRAProductions was there the same day as you!

1 Like

I quite like that helicopter shot. Great pics as always, Moritz 😉

1 Like

Wow, nice video :) I remember quite a lot of movements in there ;)

1 Like

Nice catches !! This Dassault Falcon and these Gulfstreams though !!
They look brilliant (not the livery…) :)

Well… he wasn’t lying…

Moritz, you just lost your camera privileges for one month.

1 Like

Once again a really great topic! The Azerbaijan A340 is probably the highlight, but all those pictures are amazing (including the unique LH one)! Really well done once again!

😂

1 Like

Dream on 😂

1 Like

Nice photos once again @Moritz!

I’m astonished that no one brought up the 10 photo rule.

These are actually pretty interesting from the usual liveries and commercial aircraft. Love the Azerbaijan A340 though! Just great colors on their livery!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.