End of the first spotting decade (I promise!) | December 29, 2019

Oh…hi! 👀

This time it’s the final one for sure! Thanks to an ever increasing weather forecast I managed to get to the airport one last time this year yesterday (contrary to what I said in my last topic). It probably wasn’t the most spectacular day at the airport including the fact that I had to change from car to train on very short notice what made me miss the Brussels Airlines Red Devils A320.

Nevertheless I got some good shots, for example of this TAP Portugal A320neo inbound from Lisbon. While neos used to only visit Munich so far, from now on, Lufthansa has finally based the first A320neos at its second base.

Not quite as new as the A320 but still freshly painted was this Lufthansa Cityline A319 performing a very short TOGA takeoff.

A new good reason to visit Munich airport on sundays is this little bird. Azimuth only started the Krasnodar-Munich route last week. With the second flight a week on Wednesdays, yesterday’s visit was only the third flight of this airline to Munich

A 757 from Iceland. It might seem completely normal for Munich but is actually a bit more special than one would think at the first moment. Instead of the regular 757-200, the Sunday flight was operated by a looooooong 757-300.

From very long to extremely short: while Icelandair brought an upgrade, UTair sticked to the usual 737-500 which already looks short even without comparing it to other planes.

A more modern look but another plane from Russia came with the visit of the S7 A321 wearing the carrier‘s new livery.

Another extraordinarily long plane left us to the US in form of this Delta 767-400

After quite some time at the northern runway which, from my point view, doesn’t really offer the greatest background but rather depicts how horribly ugly a winter can look without snow, we eventually changed to the southern runway for some arrivals just like this tiny A318 from Paris.

Another plane that recently received a new livery was this CRJ 900 that even got a new name so it is now named after the town right south of Munich Airport: Hallbergmoos

With sun already about to set, Norwegian‘s 737 promoting their bonus program departed Munich for Malaga again.

Another position change to enjoy the last day of the airport‘s Christmas market brought me back up to the visitor terrace where we witnessed several smokey engine starts. Since I couldn’t bring my tripod I had to use a very high ISO so sorry for the noise in this one but it looked to stunning to not share it.

I hope you enjoyed my last spotting topic this year - see you next year!

Twitter

https://twitter.com/mba_muc

My spotting topics on the IFC

Spring Spotting 1
Spring Spotting 2 with Lorenzo
Spring Spotting 3 (feat. Hekla Aurora)
August spotting with some sunrise shots
September 30 with quite some special liveries and bizjets
Spotting in Zurich on the way to Cosford
Spotting Laura and more in Birmingham
Spotting in fog with a sunny end
Special planes at Munich - Munich Security Conference feat. E-4B
Valentine’s Spotting 2019 - Civil Traffic around the Munich Security Conference
Retro Time - British Airways BEA A319
First weekend in Innsbruck - Charter Flights in the Alps
Second Innsbruck Spotting Weekend
Bringing Israeli soldiers to Munich - El Al 747
Another visit of ElAl’s queen - El Al 747
Spotting in the Morning Sun - South African Special Livery A340-300
A full day of Spotting
London Calling - Spotting at MUC and LCY on the way to London
London Heathrow Evening Spotting Before the Meetup
London Heathrow Meetup Spotting
Last Day at Heathrow: Landor, Negus and more
Government Jets and New Perspectives at Munich Airport
One Day Spotting Trip to Frankfurt Airport
Spotting Trip to Berlin
A lot of Specials at Munich
Quick after work spotting for a private A340
Another Sunny Spotting Day in Fall
Spotting with a Female closer than 5 miles, so definitely click even though she’s in none of the Pics!!!
Day and Night Shots at Munich
Deicing and more
Condor’s new colors and a big chopper
Stunning Condensations and a Royal 747

TL;DR service for @dush19: Actually, I can’t be bothered to continue this any longer but: Planes, Planes, Planes.
@MrMrMan: Look, something new to quote again!

44 Likes
A Few More Days of Specials After My Holidays | Munich, September 16-18, 2020
Two Days of Munich Specials and a Little Throwback | Munich, August 28/29, 2020
Summer Spotting Ending With Amazing Evening Light | Munich, July 29, 2020
Returning to the South and the Visit of an Old Lady | Munich, July 17, 2020
There's also normal traffic at Zurich?! | Zurich, January 21, 2020
Heavy Contrasts | Munich, January 31, 2020
Hunting an Icon and Tons of Private Jets | Zurich, January 21, 2020
A Spotting Week in Times of COVID-19 | Munich, June 1 & 3, 2020
As nerdy as it can get | January 6, 2020
A New Perspective | Munich, March 5, 2020
A Bumpy Start into a Great Weekend | Munich, February 13/14, 2020
The Highlights of Saturday at Munich Security Conference | Munich, February 15, 2020
A little bonus: Etihad 787-9 "Choose China" | Munich, February 28, 2020
End of the Security Conference Spotting Weekend | Munich, February 16, 2020
A Final Spotting Trip | Munich, March 19, 2020
Spotting A Bunch of New Airlines | Frankfurt, June 12, 2020
Sunset Spotting for a First Visit | Munich, May 27, 2020
Back at the Airport | Munich, May 03/06, 2020
A Noisy Prop from the East | Leipzig, May 16th, 2020
A little more spotting | Munich (not the airport though), May 9, 2020
Farewell, Pretty Bird | Munich, May 19, 2020
Early Morning Cargo Movements | Munich, June 24th, 2020
Two Weeks of Summer Spotting | Munich, August 9 - 20, 2020
Watching White Whales | Ingolstadt/Neuburg, July 23, 2020
Being Grilled While Spotting a Special Freighter | Munich, August 8, 2020
This is getting out of hand | Munich, January 9, 2020
Getting trolled at the Airport | Munich, January 14, 2020
Air Force One Ramp Tour | Zurich, January 21, 2020
More Special Than Regular Movements | Munich, July 3, 2020
A New Spotting Experience With Several Specials | Ingolstadt & Neuburg, July 06 & 07, 2020

Wow, the amount of high quality shots you got this year is incredible!

2 Likes

Well… Stunning pictures once again! Love the variety of aircrafts and the perspective (especially of the first shots)!

The LH A350 isn’t too bad either ;)

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Wow you got all the pencils in one session! 757-300, 767-400 and CRJ-900.

Is this due to the cold or did they all have oil/engine changes?

1 Like

Great Shots again!
Thanks for sharing

1 Like

A great way to end the decade, @Moritz! Once again, they’re beautiful!

1 Like

Let’s see what the next year brings 😁

Maybe I’m too hard with my pics but I don’t quite like the background and the taxiway angle with my long lens there 🤔

I’d assume it’s the cold combined with the aircraft type since I didn’t see the phenomenon with other planes.

3 Likes

Well, always striving for better pictures isn’t bad, but you shouldn’t worry about our beloved German landscape😉 and even less about your great pictures!

For your birthday @Moritz, I decided to quote your topic. You’re welcome. Happy birthday, by the way, in case I didn’t tell you already. <3

A nice first shot! I love the crisp colors of the TAP on the side of the plane. This NEO looks quite nice.

I find the Star Alliance liveries really nice looking. Nice shot!

This is a very nice looking livery. Simple, clean, and good looking. Again a nice shot.

I wish we had this in Infinite Flight… a very nice livery! Icelandair has a nice regular livery and some very nice specials.

This is the best shot of the topic in my opinion. Super clean and crisp. Great work!

A strange livery in my opinion. A flying lime! Not a bad shot. ;)

What a beauty ;) Love the colors popping on the tail. Not only the plane, but the forest in the back with the mist over it looks quite nice. All around good work.

How cute. I like the A318, honestly. Clean shot!

I love the tail in this particular shot. Looks super crisp. Lufthansa’s new livery looks particularly good on the smaller planes, like the CRJs.

Another very nice shot! I love how clean the background is and how the red contrasts. Looks really nice.

Ah, the beautiful A350. This is a nice photo even if the ISO setting had to be high :P I love the 350 in the foreground, the winglets really pop out to me. I like the Air Dolotimi in the background too.

I’ve also noticed your little logo in the bottom right. Simple and nice. Good design!

3 Likes

Great you are done with the last topic now since you’ll soon have to quote the birthday topic 👀

1 Like

Ingenious name for an airline.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.